Second Skin Audio

What Should I Do?

Gearstix

After seeing ptcary's PT, I'm kinda thinking of doing something of the same sort. I have the whole bed of my truck but it has to blow through the window.

example...

DSC01272.jpg

pardon my kindergarten drawing skills.

The plan was to buy two Mach 5 IXL-12.2.2s, and a Orion 2500D.

That still is the plan but I've been thinkin

The Orion and the subs will cost me just over $800.

I was gunna get a box designed by Fallen, he says a tapped horn.

What if I bought some cheaper-ish subs. Something like the Power Acoustik MOFO-15, PG Ryval, Alpine Type E/S/R/, Kicker Comps, Pioneers... etc. would like more than two and larger than 12".

Only thing is, shipping. I'm in Canada and finding a place that will ship at a reasonable cost and stuff is hard.

Mach 5 is in Canada, and also is the guy that I'm getting the 2500D from.

I dunno. I'm looking for "SPLQ" I'd like something that would meter decent but not sound like ass.

I do have a budget, and spending $800 of my monopoly money on subs and amp doesn't leave a whole lotta room for speakers or componenets or an amp for them, or any of the other things I need for my truck.

I dunno i'm lost.

Don't have the port and the subs fire into a semi-enclosed space together unless you're careful about how it will function as a whole - effectively that's like making a series-tuned 6th order bandpass and could have some funny effects... especially if the sub/port phasing is a bit messed up.

If you have heaps of room to play with a tapped horn or other horn/t-line could be really cool. It mightn't meter quite as high as other setups but it'll sound nice across a large spectrum of frequencies. Just be careful with the power...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Don't have the port and the subs fire into a semi-enclosed space together unless you're careful about how it will function as a whole - effectively that's like making a series-tuned 6th order bandpass and could have some funny effects... especially if the sub/port phasing is a bit messed up.

If you have heaps of room to play with a tapped horn or other horn/t-line could be really cool. It mightn't meter quite as high as other setups but it'll sound nice across a large spectrum of frequencies. Just be careful with the power...

I wish I felt like doing a walkthrough, but I think it would weaken the cab and would it be practical for a daily driver ( space isn't an issue, as long as I fit in comfortably. I know a walkthrough would open up the box design door alot..

I understand what your saying about it turning it into a bandpass while it not really being intended to.

I wish I felt like doing a walkthrough, but I think it would weaken the cab and would it be practical for a daily driver ( space isn't an issue, as long as I fit in comfortably. I know a walkthrough would open up the box design door alot..

I understand what your saying about it turning it into a bandpass while it not really being intended to.

refer to this http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5728&hl= :D

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I didn't read it, but I've seen it before.. its not a pickup with a walkthrough its a bronco innit? thats not what I got.

no it's an f-150.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo