Soberbills's Sr. Year Build * tear down(9/18/09) Page 31

thats what the XLs are for... :rolleyes:

yes, thats what i'm putting in next year so i can run each sub at 1 ohm daily and just have a hell of a daily. lol. but i still don't know.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

ok, sweet. haha, i'm getting close to maybe putting the amps in to see what they do to my subs freeair at 4 ohms. lol

Bills

KwB

thats what the XLs are for... :rolleyes:

Yes I do agree that the xl's will take more power than the level 4's but they are only a 1500 rms 3000 peak woofer. The upgraded Nightshades will take every ounce of 3000 rms and that happens to be what soberbills is going to have on tap. Now if he wanted a DC woofer that would handle that he'd have to go with a level 5, and I can guarantee that Jake would beat the price of a level 5 with a upgraded Nightshade. I'm just trying to spread the wealth around and turn some more people on to the Sundown subs. There isn't a single person that's running them that isn't happy as hell with them. I just think with the kind of power that's going into this install he's gonna need a woofer that can bang on 3K for daily to honestly be happy.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Yes I do agree that the xl's will take more power than the level 4's but they are only a 1500 rms 3000 peak woofer. The upgraded Nightshades will take every ounce of 3000 rms and that happens to be what soberbills is going to have on tap. Now if he wanted a DC woofer that would handle that he'd have to go with a level 5, and I can guarantee that Jake would beat the price of a level 5 with a upgraded Nightshade. I'm just trying to spread the wealth around and turn some more people on to the Sundown subs. There isn't a single person that's running them that isn't happy as hell with them. I just think with the kind of power that's going into this install he's gonna need a woofer that can bang on 3K for daily to honestly be happy.

The XL can take 3000rms all day. Rusty did great on this sub. There hasnt been a single person that owns a XL that has complained about them. But Soberbills its good that your waiting awhile to upgrade cuz Rusty got some tricks up his sleeves soon ;)

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

well, my mind is in limbo with this build now. haha. i just wanna start the damb box but the weather is not permitting it. i'm not cutting wood out in the snow. haha

Bills

KwB

well, my mind is in limbo with this build now. haha. i just wanna start the damb box but the weather is not permitting it. i'm not cutting wood out in the snow. haha

Bills

Take your time bro. Good things come to those who wait. Your doing it right by putting it together piece by piece and not rushing it at all. Some guys just want it so bad that they cut corners and end up not being happy with the end results. I'm sure that you'll be happy with whatever you go with, not to mention that it's going to be loud.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

if i end up doing new subs. no matter if its Fi, AA, DC, Sundown, il'm doing dual 2's so i can do 3000+ per sub daily. haha. i wanna do 150 on music if i can. lol

Bills

KwB

Archived