Soberbills's Sr. Year Build * tear down(9/18/09) Page 31

*note on the wiring from the plexi, its temp just to see how much of the DC lights up, i think i may need a few more lights, but i'll see tonight howmuch acually lights up. haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

looks good man you definitely picked a good choice of subs and you've got enough battery juice to hold ya over.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Question, is my box going to be too big, it was built to SPL Spec, but yet its tunned lower then you would for spl, and upgrading to lvl 5 coils, would that help handle the extra power going to them?

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Guest reestblazer

yeah, lvl 5 coils will help, im running a similar setup to you, i have a trailblazer with 2 18" dc level 4's with lvl 5 coils, with 2 2400 kinetiks. I found out that the lvl 5 coils love my sundown 3000 at .5ohms. So it should deff help you handle more power. but my box is quite a tad larger lol. 12.5 cubes and tuned at 38 hz.

yeah, lvl 5 coils will help, im running a similar setup to you, i have a trailblazer with 2 18" dc level 4's with lvl 5 coils, with 2 2400 kinetiks. I found out that the lvl 5 coils love my sundown 3000 at .5ohms. So it should deff help you handle more power. but my box is quite a tad larger lol. 12.5 cubes and tuned at 38 hz.

Thats what my problem is.. lol 2 Dual 1s wired to 1 ohm jus aint pushin them lol

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Thats what my problem is.. lol 2 Dual 1s wired to 1 ohm jus aint pushin them lol

actually jacob has mentioned before that running at .5 ohms wont get you THAT much of a gain, if anything you'll lose efficiency. .5 is more for burping

actually jacob has mentioned before that running at .5 ohms wont get you THAT much of a gain, if anything you'll lose efficiency. .5 is more for burping

I guess I need another 3000D? :D

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Archived