Sundown Audio

Keep Blowing Fuses

audioman21

I have two Elemental Designs nine.1 amps running at one ohm each. They are stacked on top of each other and the top one keeps blowing the fuses. I swithed out all the wires with the other one and still keeps blowing them. The amp didn't smoke. My setup is listed below.

One positive and negative run to the trunk to a Powermaster 1200 and thats also grounded in the trunk. Them I have two runs of positive and two runs of negative going to distro blocks, then from there it all goes to the amps.

Have u disconnected the subs?

Unplugged the RCA's?

If after that then either theres a problem with your ground (assuming u have checked and found 12V at + and rem).

Or the amp has a issue. If after u checked all this it may be time to pull it out and bench test it.

Good Luck

what're your gains set to?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

It might not appear blown but you could have something bad in the power section of the amp. Including shorted MOSFETs that don't look popped (I bet they would smoke if the fuses weren't blowing), stuffed driver circuitry holding the MOSFETs open, or shorted transformer windings.

Put a multimeter on resistance across the power terminals of the amp, post up what you get. May take a moment to settle so hook up the multimeter, wait a minute then take the reading.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived