Sonic Electronix

Kinetik 2400 Vs. D3100 Powermaster?

Guest reestblazer

i dont really have the room for a 3800, ive got enough width to run a 3100 at max, im looking to run 4 along my back seat. so you prefer the powermaster over the kinetik?

I don't even know why people list Kinetiks in the same sentence as Powermasters. I'm sure that all of you are familiar with the lawsuit that Powermaster has against Kinetik? Well long story short Kinetik was talking shit about Powermaster saying that Powermaster was using some of Kinetiks techknology. They attempted to sue Powermaster, and Powermaster countersued saying that Kinetik's batteries didn't do the listed power that they stated. Independent lab studies show that the Kinetik batteries aren't all they're cracked up to be. If you guys haven't knoticed all of the bigger name guys that have run Kinetik are switching to Powermaster. Hell, look what batteries Steve runs in the Tahoe. This shouldn't even be a question, just go with the Powermaster's. You will be happy with them. If you want to buy 70 pounds of battery that doesn't do what it says it will then buy a Kinetik.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

They're gonna take a little bit of time to charge to full capacity. I reccomend using a trickle charge overnight to get them to top off. I've only had my D3100 on a charge once and just with my stock 105 amp alt charging it, it sits at 13.08 volts with the car off. If I let it charge it will sit at 13.56 volts with the car off. If it's just charging off the alt and nothing is playing it sits at 14.6 volts, and if it's been charged with everything off and the car on it will sit at 14.9 volts. If your looking to get a few D3100's at a decent price check out www.summitracing.com they have them at $299 each, but I heard that they were raising their prices on them to $349 each. Either way that's a hell of a battery for the price and also comparred to the price of the competitiors. This is one battery I would follow straight into hell if it asked me to.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz