Sundown Audio

Best Amp

8twelves

well i know someone personally who is using them in a db lincol and he is ticking off extremely close to 60's with 4 15's. they do rated power and then some. i have a few other maxxsonics amps and they are pusking well over there rated power daily. and hifonics does make that amp. that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

all amps are hifonics brutus 2608d's

lol....Your boy has what, 8-10 2608s? 20800 Watts RMS? The amps make around 2000 watts.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hp?showforum=86

I know maxxsonics makes a couple amps under the hifonics name. I may have gotten them mixed up, or I may be wrong.

http://www.maxxsonics.com/hifonics/pdfs/History_HiFonics.pdf

I never said the brutus was bad for the price it is. Its a good amp for the price, but 8twelves didn't mention anything about the price. If you can honestly say that the brutus is better than a rockford or a sundown, I wouldn't agree at all. If price isn't the issue, why go with something of a lower quality? If a 2607 fries with 2 15'' L7s, you don't think it'll fry with 8 cvrs? A 2607 will push the subs, but the amp will be running at 100% to push 250 watts into a sub that can handle around 5-600. So dude can get an amp that may overpower his subs, he may have to turn the gains down a little, but his shit will be slappin and will have a lot more SQ because the amp isn't putting a distorted, dirty signal to his subs.

On the other hand, he could throw 2 2608s in and it'll probably push his subs fine, but a RF 4000 will still put out more power and have more sound quality than a brutus...or 2 any day.

Frozenbitches, I like your signature.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

If your so fond of hifonics amps, why are you switching to kicker?

Edited by JDirty96

lol....Your boy has what, 8-10 2608s? 20800 Watts RMS? The amps make around 2000 watts.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hp?showforum=86

I know maxxsonics makes a couple amps under the hifonics name. I may have gotten them mixed up, or I may be wrong.

http://www.maxxsonics.com/hifonics/pdfs/History_HiFonics.pdf

I never said the brutus was bad for the price it is. Its a good amp for the price, but 8twelves didn't mention anything about the price. If you can honestly say that the brutus is better than a rockford or a sundown, I wouldn't agree at all. If price isn't the issue, why go with something of a lower quality? If a 2607 fries with 2 15'' L7s, you don't think it'll fry with 8 cvrs? A 2607 will push the subs, but the amp will be running at 100% to push 250 watts into a sub that can handle around 5-600. So dude can get an amp that may overpower his subs, he may have to turn the gains down a little, but his shit will be slappin and will have a lot more SQ because the amp isn't putting a distorted, dirty signal to his subs.

On the other hand, he could throw 2 2608s in and it'll probably push his subs fine, but a RF 4000 will still put out more power and have more sound quality than a brutus...or 2 any day.

Frozenbitches, I like your signature.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

If your so fond of hifonics amps, why are you switching to kicker?

Reinke said that it was a good amp. He never said that it was better than a Sundown or a Rockford amp. A good majority of the Maxxsonics amps are made in Korea. Have you ever took the time to see where a Sundown amp is made too. You guessed it Korea! I have no idea where Rockford makes their amps nor will I act like I do. Next time you start to down a company learn a little bit about that company and you'll see that they follow the trends of the higher priced well know products too. Pound for pound and dollar for dollar Maxxsonics in general are the best power for their price range. Show me another amp that will last as long and push subs to their limit that isn't way over priced. You can't do it because they are in a class of their own.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

well ill give an unbiased answer without all the bs

who cares where its made... its about what components were used in making the amp and the build quality

2607d will not be enough... and i will never use a hifonics amp again in any of my setups...imo they are not worth the $ at least not the brutus line... maybe xxx

4*8=32

3200w needed continuous... so use a ~3000w @ 1ohm amp

sundown3000 with gains set at 3000-3200 will not blow them... thats rated rms

crunch gp3000d is made by maxxonics.. hard to get but will do the job also.... maybe not as good as the sundown but its ~3000w@1ohm

u could invest in a t4k... and be able to change things up down the road/have headroom

t3k would be sweat also... idk which is better 3000d or t3k... both are awesome so either choice is good

u could also get (2) 1500w rms @ 2ohm amps... but that might be more expensive and harder to match gains since if you linked it would yeild 2 ohm minimum load

its more about budget and long term goals... do u want something for years to come that even if you blow/fry you will get repaired and keep, or something that can be resold in the classifieds

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

well ill give an unbiased answer without all the bs

who cares where its made... its about what components were used in making the amp and the build quality

2607d will not be enough... and i will never use a hifonics amp again in any of my setups...imo they are not worth the $ at least not the brutus line... maybe xxx

4*8=32

3200w needed continuous... so use a ~3000w @ 1ohm amp

sundown3000 with gains set at 3000-3200 will not blow them... thats rated rms

crunch gp3000d is made by maxxonics.. hard to get but will do the job also.... maybe not as good as the sundown but its ~3000w@1ohm

u could invest in a t4k... and be able to change things up down the road/have headroom

t3k would be sweat also... idk which is better 3000d or t3k... both are awesome so either choice is good

u could also get (2) 1500w rms @ 2ohm amps... but that might be more expensive and harder to match gains since if you linked it would yeild 2 ohm minimum load

its more about budget and long term goals... do u want something for years to come that even if you blow/fry you will get repaired and keep, or something that can be resold in the classifieds

Thank you.

Thank you.

the fusion 4000d's are a good amp if u can find someone who has them.. there stable down to .33 ohm and they out power the t-4000's no to mention the stability at a lower ohm load. i currently have 3 of them and i cant be more impressed with them... there is some info on there out put on the web. at .33 ohm they have been tested at over 8k rms.... and there prices is cheep for the power output... just fyi

158.1 db at 50 hz best life time score

154.1 street beat

3 TRF 12's

3 fusion fca 4000d's "need some cooling ideas" lol

12 hc 16's

suedo wall

more to come very soon