i don't care what other people around me think. I like to piss them off it makes my day and before i had them i could hardly see at nite and new headlights are going for 250 plus a side for my car. So this was the cheapiest and best way to take care of my problem. most people get out of my way to so i can keep on speedin down the road.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

were can these phillips bulbs be had?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Stephen what brand and temp are those? Thats the look that I'm after.

they are how any hid should look. He either has done the conversion correctly (retrofitted) or has a car with projector headlamps.

The projectors actually produce a cutoff line that focus's the beam of light wide on the road and not a beam. So there is no harsh glare. The lights should show almost white when they are projected onto the ground, but when you look at them as if your another car passing him down the road they will have the blue/white/purple look to them that constantly looks like it changes.

EDIT:

I also want to add, that putting hids in a non projector headlight assembly is ILLEGAL because of the massive hot spots they produce, so if you get a dick cop he can sight you for it.

Listen2meboom has a lot of helpful info on this and retro fitting along with links he posted in my build thread.

tacomabanga, I have paid almost $300 for my hid kit, and already had to send out a bad ballast for replacement. The reason I got the mtecs is because there are people making knock off mtec kits that dont provide lifetime warrentys on the ballast. Most the time, when people make knock off products, the origional product should be somewhat good.

There are many other gurus with the hids, that Im sure will chime in and tell you whats up.

i don't care what other people around me think. I like to piss them off it makes my day and before i had them i could hardly see at nite and new headlights are going for 250 plus a side for my car. So this was the cheapiest and best way to take care of my problem. most people get out of my way to so i can keep on speedin down the road.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

what if i added these after those? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-00-TOYOT...sspagenameZWDVW would that help my light output also?

i am gunna get these ina few months tho http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-99-TA...sspagenameZWDVW

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

you said yours are factory he was looking for aftermarket. Of course factory are going to look like yours but they also have a pretty high price when u go to replace them. I was just showing him what a 10k in a standard headlight looks like. I know there is a big diffrence between a projector and a regular housing.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

yes, that is what you need to get your lights to look like stephens :)

so you get projector headlights....then get a hid conversion kit on top of it...then that equals massively bright headlights to you and the other drivers?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

yes, that is what you need to get your lights to look like stephens :)

allot of those lights on ebay have horrible cheap projectors. If i bought them i would just put in a OE projector.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

you said yours are factory he was looking for aftermarket. Of course factory are going to look like yours but they also have a pretty high price when u go to replace them. I was just showing him what a 10k in a standard headlight looks like. I know there is a big diffrence between a projector and a regular housing.

Your totally missing the point, its way over your head.

your hids, my hids, they are not done correctly.

All we did was buy the hid bulbs and ballasts and thru them in the stock head lamp housing.

This provides the glare and hotspots which is illegal.

To do the conversion properly you need to retrofit the kits. You need to buy a projector headlamp assembly for your car, or order the projectors, open up your headlamp assemblys and put the projectors in them.

A proper installed HID kit NEEDS PROJECTORS for the hid bulb to opperate to its fullest potential and the brightest light.

When your conversion kit is installer correctly your new hid setup SHOULD LOOK LIKE STEPHENS STOCK HIDS or any other stock hid setup.

http://www.gtcars.ca/online/general-car-ta...h-hid-kits.html

Note on that page^^ the list of banned/recalled/or "sales terminated" brands.

RM Racing

Astex USA

Kmax International

FET, Inc.

J. Liu LLC

Gourmet Garage

JC Whitney

Lighting Research

SPW Industries, Inc.

Pacific Micro-lite

McCulloch Motors, Inc.

Santeca Electronics

JF Manufacturing

Streetglow, Inc.

Outback Products, Inc.

Nu Performance

GR Motorsports, Inc.

Global Premier

New Clor

Importhookup.com

DG International

MTC Lighting

Umnitza

Liteglow

American Products Company

I would do my homework on it (and I AM currently for my own ride)

Like any other case-If you want it done right, goin cheap and easy is generally asking for failure.

Archived