Sundown Audio

amp for my btl(s)

thegr8cody

Id do 2-220 or 2-260amp Iraggi Alts. 1 alt isnt gonna keep up with 8k rms. U have it right with the batteries but ur gonna still see voltage drops with that lil 130 amp. Trust me with over 5k rms ur gonna need more than 1 alternator and 2-220 amps or a lil larger would be right up ur way because u would get more amps @ idle

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Id do 2-220 or 2-260amp Iraggi Alts. 1 alt isnt gonna keep up with 8k rms. U have it right with the batteries but ur gonna still see voltage drops with that lil 130 amp. Trust me with over 5k rms ur gonna need more than 1 alternator and 2-220 amps or a lil larger would be right up ur way because u would get more amps @ idle

One 260amp alt will be able to keep up with it...Won't be the best but it will do.

If your spending the money to put 8,000rms into your ride why not spend the money wisely and invest into a good electrical system to save you from future problems?

Like Accordman keeps telling u; the voltage on ur inputs and outputs (rca) is only a signal voltage. The stronger the voltage on that means the cleaner ur sound will be. The voltage that determines what type of power ur gonna have comes from ur alternator, wires, and batteries. If u have those 3 things up to par then ur voltage on ur power will stay up between 13-14.4v which is where u will see ur amp perform its best. But like I said before 1 alt isnt gonna enable u to do 8000watts rms "efficiently". Basically just remember if it comes down to purchasing more batteries or a extra alt....go for the extra alt because u'll need it more than a extra battery.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

ok,i understand now,i appreciate it a lot,so with a 130 amp alternator(not big i kno) a 2000 under the hood and 2-3 2400's in the back goof for about 8000rms

it may strain your alt still, but at the same time we wont know for sure until you have your setup in there.  id try with all that money invested to run at least a 200 amp alt

Cody here's a rule of thumb: About 70 Amps from your alternator for every 1000 Watts RMS.

You plan to run 8KW RMS. You're alternator won't keep up. Yes you have batteries, which can

provide hundreds of amps at 12.5 V but, charging all of those batteries can strain your alt. Finally,

with an 8KW system, your batteries will be dead before your alternator even knows what happened.

has anyone heard of the mean green alternators,they say 300% more than stock,and there the only ones i can find for a durango

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Archived