Second Skin Audio

Do you use WinISD Pro Alpha?

I found a great program that helps you create box's. I have been searching for how to find out what your port is tuned to using a actual slot port not round port(because most sites i found had an example with round ports). Anyways i found this program off of realmofexcursion.com and it seems to work wonders to me because i have been waiting so long to find out how to make a ported box and how long the port is and how the dimensions affect the tuning of your port. This program seems to do it all. Do any of you guys use it? I noticed that the drivers are pretty updated except for Rockford Fosgate subs. They have the old school subs , or maybe not old school but older. They dont have the Punch or Power subs (P1,P2,P3,T1,T2), which is a bummer cuz i ahve P2's.

Tell me what you think and if you ahvent discovered it go to realmofexcursion.com and dnld it.

Baylor University

Accounting

Would you say that WinISD is accurate by itself?

Does the sub that you choose (out of the drivers they have available) make a big difference when using WinISD?

I figured that it didnt matter what sub you really chose on WinISD when you are looking for the measurements of the port and box and everything. Because you base the measurements of the port off of the frequency you want your port to be tuned to.

could be wrong...thats just what i thought

i jsut found that program and it looked great because i have been trying to find out how to create a port and know what it is tuned to.

Baylor University

Accounting

I use WinISD and it didnt have my subs, but that doesn't matter because you can enter your t/s parameters in there and create a profile for you subs...it only takes about 5 minutes.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Am i right to say that the sub you pick does not really matter. The only thing that effects building a box is the displacement of the sub when you calculate the volume of the box. ( and you have to meet the volume reccommended for the sub). but with WinISD if you really just want to build a port i dont think the sub you choose matters at all, does it?

Baylor University

Accounting