Head Unit Ground Noise Issues

I have a ground noise problem that I believe is being made by my Pioneer HU. I'm thinking it's either the RCA plug (not the wire, but where the wire plugs into the back of the radio), or the actual Radio Ground wire (the small black one). I tried to follow the radio ground, but with no luck. I know I can make another ground, but in my 92 Blazer, it seems like all the area behind the radio is plastic. Can I just run a wire from the NEGATIVE on my battery to my radio ground? If I can do this, what is the minimum gauge wire recommended, as the amp is a small PA Fire and Ice, dedicated to highs. I've also seen the link to grounding the RCA plug and am going to try that as well. Thanks

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Pioneer heads did have an issue with this in the past. How old is your deck? What is the model number?

I had this same problem in an S10. After changing the radio, it turns out it was bad RCA cables.

Where is your amp grounded? Is all of the paint scraped??

If you try grounding the neg of the RCA's to the chassis of the radio and the noise goes away . .it just might be the head.

do this, i made a thread on this http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=15452 , i have mine like this right now and it works perfect

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Now that you have 2 posts about the same issue, and the same method of fixing it added by 2 different people its still making noise?

The thing is, if the engine whine is comming from the speakers from the amp, and the rca cable fix didnt work, its your amp (as I stated in the other post), Try making sure the amp ground is secure, and bolted to a thick piece of metal that has no paint on it (metal to metal contact). If this is not done, do it. Otherwise try finding a better ground for your amp.

Going and running a new ground from your front battery to your head unit can be done. Why I dont know.

Honestly, You can have your radio working without even using the ground black wire, since the radio's chassis is grounded out by the am/fm antenna. Its not recoomended, but it does work unless you dont plug your antenna in.

Archived