Sundown Audio

OK here she is all repaired by Chris from DB-R..

as DB-r said it was shaken to death by the previous owner and it broke almost every mosfet in the amp so chris replaced every one and rebuilt the power supply and the output side of this amp..

before chris:

Posted Image

After chris:

Posted Image

Before chris:

Posted Image

After chris:

Posted Image

Before chris:

Posted Image

After chris:

Posted Image

as u can see the board is super clean and all the black residue is gone ... no trace what so ever... chirs was very quick on the turn around time ... sent me before and after pics to keep me updated on the repair status. Grade A+++++ job ...Chris has taken repairs of sundown amplifiers to an up and above an art form! the soilder joints look better that even the factory did... he went up and beyond to fix ANYTHING that would pose ANY reliablity problems in the future... like Chris says they are rebuilt to last!... im am very pleased with the craftsmanship of his work and i will not hesiate to return to him with any future work i have..

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

So DB-R i take it u didnt like my super peanuts jam packed packing? lol ...sorry about that i'll use paper and cardboard next time

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Thanks for posting the pics of the repair job. Nice to let customers see what they get when they send their stuff here to dB-r.

No I don't like the peanuts. What I do with them, I have a huge box full of peanuts, and a big scoop. I dump all the peanuts in that box and re-use them for packing around my refurbs that I send out. The refurbs are in their original product cartons so the peanuts don't get all over the amp and the peanuts are an easy way to fill up the gaps between the product carton and the shipping carton. Most repairs come in here NOT in their original boxes, no product carton, the amps are just thrown into a shipping box with bubble wrap, peanuts, foam, paper, you name it.... That's how I usually send them back. I was running low on peanuts for my big box of peanuts, but I had a surplus of other shipping material so I stole your peanuts and gave you my other packing material, which was probably far superior anyway, but the peanuts work best for packing around shipments of my refurbished amps because the product carton protects the amp from getting banged up inside the shipping box and the peanuts are quick, easy and sufficient for that purpose.

Thanks for posting the pics of the repair job. Nice to let customers see what they get when they send their stuff here to dB-r.

No I don't like the peanuts. What I do with them, I have a huge box full of peanuts, and a big scoop. I dump all the peanuts in that box and re-use them for packing around my refurbs that I send out. The refurbs are in their original product cartons so the peanuts don't get all over the amp and the peanuts are an easy way to fill up the gaps between the product carton and the shipping carton. Most repairs come in here NOT in their original boxes, no product carton, the amps are just thrown into a shipping box with bubble wrap, peanuts, foam, paper, you name it.... That's how I usually send them back. I was running low on peanuts for my big box of peanuts, but I had a surplus of other shipping material so I stole your peanuts and gave you my other packing material, which was probably far superior anyway, but the peanuts work best for packing around shipments of my refurbished amps because the product carton protects the amp from getting banged up inside the shipping box and the peanuts are quick, easy and sufficient for that purpose.

lol thats cool ... u can have them ... i just pictured u opening my box and being like Jesus with all the peanuts i managed to shove in the box...lol

hey u wouldnt happen to know when u might get a 100.4 refurbs in. new or old. doesnt matter... im in need of one like asap..

Edited by jonnylowkon

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

I always replace the gate resistors, and the driver transistors, and the PWM IC, and sometimes the protect circuit transistors as well. Not a bitch for me at all. I got good equipment, good techniques and the proper replacement parts.. Makes it all easy in the end.

The New SAX-100.4's will be in around mid-late November last I heard. Sorry I don't know anyone selling one right now. I will talk to Jacob and see if once it gets closer to shipment time he might have one I can sell you (spares for replacements that he may or may not be holding..) I can sell you two SAX-100.2's, alot more power, takes up almost twice as much room and doesn't have the fancy controls like the SAX-100.4 but depends on if you need all that flexibility or not, the two 100.2's might serve you fine. The Refurb 100.2's are $199 each shipped.

I always replace the gate resistors, and the driver transistors, and the PWM IC, and sometimes the protect circuit transistors as well. Not a bitch for me at all. I got good equipment, good techniques and the proper replacement parts.. Makes it all easy in the end.

The New SAX-100.4's will be in around mid-late November last I heard. Sorry I don't know anyone selling one right now. I will talk to Jacob and see if once it gets closer to shipment time he might have one I can sell you (spares for replacements that he may or may not be holding..) I can sell you two SAX-100.2's, alot more power, takes up almost twice as much room and doesn't have the fancy controls like the SAX-100.4 but depends on if you need all that flexibility or not, the two 100.2's might serve you fine. The Refurb 100.2's are $199 each shipped.

well im kinda stuck on what to do since i havnt gotten very many recommendations on a good front stage set up....im thinking of going with one 100.4 and bridging it to a a two channel with a 4 ohm load and run a good set of 3 way componets.... OR running two sets of 6.5 componets sets ...each set being run off its own 100.2... any recommendations? im tring to keep the front stage to around or under 500 not including amps..

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2