Sonic Electronix

Well right now I have a 12" BTL to a Crunch GP3000D and it just isnt enough. I really cant go any bigger in a trunk car without completely glassing the inside of my trunk. So I figured, if im were to go big and do a full trunk install, why not just go for a damn wall in the accord.

The cars a 2000 Accord Coupe so I think I have some decent room to work with. I dont want everyone to think this is some dream build that will never happen because this will, just down the road a bit. It has been on my mind for the past month now and I need to get it off my chest lol. I want more of a daily "ground pounder" if you will. Im not concerned with numbers but I will still enter in comps for fun. I plan on doing more bass race and daily driving with demos to friends ands shit.

My plans are to take out the back seats and make a dance floor to work with. From there I will probably take out the back interior as well which is like the side panels on the quarter panels where like the plastic shit is that houses the cup holders and whatnot. I mean its not like my subwall will need a place to hold drinks lol. So Once I take out the interior I will take measurements and see whats up. Nick from Fi has me really wanting the.....AA Havocs. Im definitely a Fi guy for a long while. They have done me nothing but good and after meeting Nick down in VA, gave me a whole new respect for the things that him and Scott do and I am thoroughly impressed. I learned so much in just that one day of hanging out with him.

The build equipment...

Subs - (4) 15" Ascendant Audio Havocs - New

Amp - (1) American Bass 500.1 or (1) SPL Dynamics D5 - Used or if a good price on new comes up. (The amp is still kind of in the air because I will need something that can do around 5k rms for the subs since they are 1250 rms a piece. I dont know if I want the subs to be run at 1 ohm for daily and .25 ohm for burps or if I want them to be run at 2 ohm daily and .5 ohm for burps. Some input from you all would be really helpful with this. I would rather stick with the 1ohm daily because I like VERY heavy and low bass even when Im crusing by myself.

Batteries - (2) Nice, big AGM style batteries obviously. I will most likely go with 2 used Kinetik 2400s. I really do not want to spend more than like $500 on batteries.

I already have a 200 amp Iraggi alt and big 3 so that is taken care of. I have about 75 ft of 1/0 left so I wont have to buy that either.

The box I want to do will obviously be ported and I will be throwing around or as close to RMS power as possible for daily. I really dont know how many cubes a 15" Havoc would need. I want to tune the box somewhat low since I really love low rap music. I was thinking maybe in the range of 30-32hz, im not sure yet.

So if some of you guys who are more experienced with things like this, please give me some input. Thanks in advance!

Edited by RamenNoodles

As for subs 3/5cubes per sub would be ok. Just remember the smaller the box the more power you will need to push things than in a bigger box. I have 6 -15" AA's in 30 cubes, doors closed 30 hertz

and drops to 29hertz doors open.

As for amps look into going with one per two rather than one big one for all four as well. May be easier to find good deals on smaller amps as opposed to the 5k ones. Either way they will sound good cause they are a Scott product!!! :hairtrick: FTW

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

As for subs 3/5cubes per sub would be ok. Just remember the smaller the box the more power you will need to push things than in a bigger box. I have 6 -15" AA's in 30 cubes, doors closed 30 hertz

and drops to 29hertz doors open.

As for amps look into going with one per two rather than one big one for all four as well. May be easier to find good deals on smaller amps as opposed to the 5k ones. Either way they will sound good cause they are a Scott product!!! :hairtrick: FTW

MLA

How do you like the way the Havocs sound. I havent exactly heard them. I heard one 15 free air in the back of my trunk at Nicks place lol but thats about it. I know the quality in Fi products so I know the quality is there in the AA equipment as well.

But as far as space goes, I more than likely will not have a full 30 cubes out of the back of my accord. I was thinking more on the lines of 3 cubes per sub which means I will need to throw more power at them to get them going. If I did 3 cubes per sub, would around 1250 rms be sufficient OR would I need to throw more power at them?

Thank thanks James, Nick was saying maybe go with a 2500.1 as well. Hes in love with those. I will have to do some research on those.

Your welcome to call and ask me whatever you need man..you know that :)

You already know what I'd do lol.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

will sound awesome on 1250

i have a lil over that going to 1 can it slaps and is very musical

Awesome, Nick said he recommends right around the RMS rating as compared to the BTL that takes a little more than its RMS to get it going.

Your welcome to call and ask me whatever you need man..you know that :)

You already know what I'd do lol.

HAHA, yea I know I know. You and James think a lot alike lol.

I will really look into that well. Would running them at 2 ohms from the 2500.1 keep the subs a little cooler as compared to a normal amp giving them the same power at 1 ohm since the Kicker cant really go lower than the 2 ohms?

And I didnt want to bother you quite yet lol. Dont worry, when the time comes, you will be neck deep in questions. Oh and also, my friend who I was gonna try and get to buy the 15" BTL from you. I think he wants to do 2 15" Havocs in his s10. I will let you know what he wants once he figures out what he wants.

Are the havocs availalbe in D1? If so why not get another gp3000d-pro? That is if you can find one.....if not 2500.1

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I believe Nick said that they mainly come in D2, but he said if I wanted, some D1s could be made for me.

And I was thinking that I go with another GP3000D BUT, the thing with this amp is, Im scared that it will be too much power for 2 of them. I know I can turn the gains down, I just dont want to take any chances. Buying another one would be the cheapest and easiest way to do things. I have a lot of thinking to do before I finalize anything and begin to make purchases. I cant find anywhere that sells them though. I heard that if you really need one, you can call Maxxsonics up and they will send one out to you from the factory...