New Alternator Working Nice But

WOW MLA WTF. AFTER ALL THAT ! ANNNND U PRETTY MUCH WERE TRING TO SLAM MECHMAN'S ALTERNATORS WITH ALL THE BACK AND FORTH TALK .. he did us all a favor of showing us his methods of testing and u STILL had to pick apart every little thing .. i WILL SAY i luv my mechman alternator will stay with his alts! his alternator has more than proved its self to me ... as far as MLA i will not be using ur product or any future products because of this slander! besides u have shown u have no idea how GM's old school alternators voltage regulators work in the first place let alone are able to read a dyno sheet CORRECTLY! .... MECHMAN u rock and u know it jealousy can be an ugly thing with a company that only puts out one product for a very small group of consumers... keep up the good work MECHMAN!

No plroblem you can have an opinion we are ok with that.

Thanks, Chris

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

No plroblem you can have an opinion we are ok with that.

Thanks, Chris

yea that was pretty low by u ... just shows what kinda guy u r and what kinda face u put on MLA... props to mechamn for keepin his cool over all that and being a stand up guy!!! lol i would have been :aggressive: for sure

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Ok, This will be my last post on this subject! We can restart this in the guns and ammo section if needed. ;)

Ask anyone if they ran their alts at 13.3 volts or 12.9 volts (like in your pics below) if they would love that low voltage. 12.9 volts is a full battery (with your car OFF!) Ask Steve if his voltage dropped to the ones in your "Dyno" pics if he would be happy dropping to the twelves? Well I did, and he said hell no he couldn't have that low voltage!!!!

You can make a "250" amp alt but if it puts out 250amps at 13 volts its useless as a "250"amp alt. If your "Dyno-ed" alt was at 14.7volts I would say you make a hell of an alt but thats far from these pics. 2nd big question is "amperage output" and for "how long" at 14.7volts? Example: my stock alts with smaller pulleys gives me around 120 amps at idle @ 15.8volts. We can go back and forth all day but bottom line is if your voltage drops this low things dont charge!!! So you are right I hope people use the info in these posts.

MLA

You didn't read my last post, or my expaination of the dyno sheet. This will be my last post on the subject as well-

MY ALTERNATORS DO NOT CHARGE AT 13.0V, they will charge at 14.7 cold, and 14.3 hot, unless the adjustable voltage option is added, in which case they will charge at whatever voltage we set them at, up to 18.5V. At least READ my responses before you attempt to make an argument.

Anyone who has bought one of my units can use a simple multi-meter to tell you that their MechMan alt is charging in the low 14V range at full temperature, under full load. (not to be confused with an over-load situation, in which case the voltage will always drop, EVEN with an MLA module) Tell me how I can fake voltage numbers on customer's units in the field???

You didn't read my last post, or my expaination of the dyno sheet. This will be my last post on the subject as well-

MY ALTERNATORS DO NOT CHARGE AT 13.0V, they will charge at 14.7 cold, and 14.3 hot, unless the adjustable voltage option is added, in which case they will charge at whatever voltage we set them at, up to 18.5V. At least READ my responses before you attempt to make an argument.

Anyone who has bought one of my units can use a simple multi-meter to tell you that their MechMan alt is charging in the low 14V range at full temperature, under full load. (not to be confused with an over-load situation, in which case the voltage will always drop, EVEN with an MLA module) Tell me how I can fake voltage numbers on customer's units in the field???

all i have to say is when i crank up in the morning i'm sitting at 14.6 and it settles to 14.3/4. i love my 225 alt from Mechman. both Mechman and MLA sells good products. every will have their opinions.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i bought an adjustable voltage regulator with my street beat 250 amp MECHMAN alt . and mine charges 14.9 cold and 14.5/6 warm... now thats a great state of charge IMO!! and damn straight ill give my opnion ANY WAY OR HOW OR ANYTIME I WANT! as far i see in ths thread u made ur self look like a fool Chris from mla

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Archived