• 1 month later...
if you want great sound, and loudness, Stereo- 2channel is the way to go

there is a whole community based on 2channel audio quality

There was another format which was called DVD Audio which has a very high audio spectrum on all 5 channels, its a little older technology, but its one of the best audio play back formats around, next to SACD, and DTS

If you want loudness, power is the way to go, and those HK receivers, their power ratings look low, but I guarantee you, they are rated at RMS @8ohms, and yes they are all capable of 4ohms per channel

DSCI0030.jpg

DSCI0141.jpg

There is my 11yr old HK powering 11 speakers daily at 3ohms per channel with pure clarity, and only rated at 35w/p/channel@ 8ohms, and I cant go to loud because people across the house start complaining

How clear is it again? You have subtitles on... I kid I kid :pardon:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

How clear is it again? You have subtitles on... I kid I kid :pardon:

lol... haha true true

1) I had a problem with the HD portion of the cable receiver, it was stuck on subtitles, absolutely pissed me off, since I prefer to watch HD channels only- problem solved, we have Dish network now, better receiver, more access to HD menus, and ALOT more HD channels

2) I hate hearing the term, (car audio speakers or home audio speakers) There are suttle differences, but main difference is, car audio speakers are more free air based, usually a little higher Q, higher Fs, while home audio is usually lower Q, lower Fs, sometimes the specs cross paths, but for the most part, depending on the install, they are fully swappable.

I use Vifa in my cars, only difference with the Vifas, is they are lower power rating, but the sound is Great

The blue speakers in the TV stand are the only car audio speakers, they are the old school Sound Stream Exact 4.2 mids made by Vifa, for SS

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.