ok so im semi-knowledgable in the world of home audio, SEMI being on the low side, anyway our ht now is pretty sick, but with the loudness im use to, its not seeming too loud, its a sony 5.2 (added another sub) 5 disc dvd dream system, 750 watts it claims i believe, now its pretty clear and i like it alot, but im wanting more, and ill most likely change the speakers as whell, i was thinking a 7.1 reciever because our living room is so damn big and some nice floor standing speakers, so i want the reciever to put out good power...but i dont wanna spend a crazy amount!!! it dosnt have to have a dvd built in, but if it did cool...but like i said it dosnt, cause my fam is gettin a blue ray player soon....so show me what you got, nothing TOO outragiously priced

thanks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

check out this website, its Harman Kardons Reconditioned website

I go here from time to time, because HK is one of my favorite brands. I have had whole home theater systems by them, and I still have a 35w x5 receiver(high current, rated all true power- rms) that is 11years old, which I have beated to hell, ran 1ohm subwoofers directly off the receiver, and it still plays perfectly. In fact its daily is 11 speakers ran from Front Right/Left-Center all ran at 3ohms per channel, flawlessly

And I personally think Blue Ray is cool, but over priced for what you get

If you get a DVD player with 1080P and play it next to Blue Ray, you will BARELY notice a difference. You will with the bigger TVs, but TVs 47" and under, you wont

I have a DVD player that is just 1080I, I run in 720P for daily, and the picture is so damn clear, I think it more accurate than my HD Broadcast which is supposed to be better than the DVD player

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/d...&market=HOM

so, check around on that website, and check some reviews

HK for the money RECONDITIONED is the best you can get for the money IMHO

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ive always loved harmon kardon receivers, the look of them is sick, its just the price that scares me, lol...i was thinking like 400 and under for the reciever because the speakers themselves wont be too cheap, and i had a friend tell me that about the dvd next to blue ray, and he said the bigger the tv the more u will notice, and its bein hooked up to a 73" tv but keep them commin, ima check out that site, thanks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

ive always loved harmon kardon receivers, the look of them is sick, its just the price that scares me, lol...i was thinking like 400 and under for the reciever because the speakers themselves wont be too cheap, and i had a friend tell me that about the dvd next to blue ray, and he said the bigger the tv the more u will notice, and its bein hooked up to a 73" tv but keep them commin, ima check out that site, thanks

Im really not to sure about the blue ray vs dvd we have both in our home theature I personally cant tell a difference some would probably argue blue ray looks better but to me personally I cant tell any difference. For recievers I would look for a Denon or a Harmon Kardon here is a nince Denon but im not sure itll do the power you want Denon here is a Yamaha it does more power then the Denon but it does cost $19 dollars over your limit Yamaha . The Yamaha is nice I know someone that has one and thats why I suggest it. I would shop around before buying one you might be able to find better units at different stores.

My HK is about 8 years old now. It still pumps just as well as it did when it was new. after all these years it has had the connections I have needed to keep up with the times. Buy the right one the 1st time and you won't need to replace it in a few years.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

My HK is about 8 years old now. It still pumps just as well as it did when it was new. after all these years it has had the connections I have needed to keep up with the times. Buy the right one the 1st time and you won't need to replace it in a few years.

im lovin the look of the hk, always have, and since forever showed me that site, i just might go with them

and denon is a bit to rich for my blood

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg