Sonic Electronix

so my parents just bought a new trail blazer, and they are going to be getting rid of thier van. my dad said he would sell it to me for $300 then i would need to put about another $600 replacing everything related to the brakes. this would be a straight up groundpounder. my plans would be 8 level 2 15" subs run off of two kicker ks1200.1's and a shit load of batteries. do you guys think i should do it? i dont really need another vehicle its just i am kind of at my limits with my cavalier unless i get more expensive subs but i dont have enought room to make a good enough box for really good subs.

as far as the van it is like a 95' asto gladiator, its the kool ones with the side skirts and lower profile tires, brakes are shot and it runs kinda goofy but im good with engines so im sure ill manage. i wouldnt drive it all the way down to college with me but it would be more for comps and making people say holy shit.

do you think its worth it or should i focus on my old ass cavalier?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i say go for it. Even if u dont work on it at the moment. You can make it a project over a little while.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

i say go for it. Even if u dont work on it at the moment. You can make it a project over a little while.

x2 bro!! you always said you wanted an astro....now you can get it:) then you can have me ova when you start to build and ill help ya!

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

well it would alot more then $900 to get it bumpin the way i would want it lol

four more subs, another amp, a few batteries, shit load of wire, couple hundred bucks worth of wood.... im lookin at a couple grand by the time its all said and done. and air leak is gonna be killer. i could weld the slider door shut i would really care but then passengers would have to get in through the front doors.

i want to do something like chickens caddy except with 15" subs and no where near as much power, i want to be able to do a hair trick that is the only thing im set on.

i can think of endless possiblilities with this van, i wish i could trailer it down here and get like a woodshop class so i could use the schools tools which would make it so easy. depending how much money i have is going to determine how many subs are going to be in there. i already have four so there will be eight for sure, otherwise there could be 12 or 16 subs total. 16 may be overkill and hard as hell to get in phase, maybe just 8 for now but ya never know shit changes. im talkin to my dad and seeing if he will wait for me to pay him till i get my job situated while im at school.

johnny you better be ready to build next summer lol.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

well it would alot more then $900 to get it bumpin the way i would want it lol

four more subs, another amp, a few batteries, shit load of wire, couple hundred bucks worth of wood.... im lookin at a couple grand by the time its all said and done. and air leak is gonna be killer. i could weld the slider door shut i would really care but then passengers would have to get in through the front doors.

i want to do something like chickens caddy except with 15" subs and no where near as much power, i want to be able to do a hair trick that is the only thing im set on.

i can think of endless possiblilities with this van, i wish i could trailer it down here and get like a woodshop class so i could use the schools tools which would make it so easy. depending how much money i have is going to determine how many subs are going to be in there. i already have four so there will be eight for sure, otherwise there could be 12 or 16 subs total. 16 may be overkill and hard as hell to get in phase, maybe just 8 for now but ya never know shit changes. im talkin to my dad and seeing if he will wait for me to pay him till i get my job situated while im at school.

johnny you better be ready to build next summer lol.

fuck yea lol....looks like we gona be busy between the asstro and the ranger lol:)

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

i think (dont mean to put words in ur mouth) that he meant 900 for the car itself.

good luck with this!

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

i really want it but i wouldnt be able to afford insurance on both vehicles, i have so many ideas of what i wanna do. i want it to be unique and loud. with how much room i have in the back of it the possablilities are endless. i would prolly have to dyno-mat(deaden) the entire thing, especially the roof and sides otherwise it will flex like mad. after seeing assmans astro i fell in love and have always wanted to do a hairtrick like that, since im out of room in the cavy im going to deffenetly try and get this. ill get pics as soon as i talk to my bro. will be looking for some unique ideas for this build so if you have any ideas that would be great. only things are that it will be ported, no bandpass i dont like the sound.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Buy it for the 300, dont fix anything. Soak the inside with water, to add weight. then take to a scrap metal place and atleast double your money.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO