I had a viper 5900 installed today, and everything is working perfectly, except when I disarm the system it always beeps 4 times, and shows that a door was opened, but it wasn't. If the doors were open when I armed the alarm would have chirped, then went off after a few seconds. Why could this be happening?

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

do you have domelight supervision hooked up? if so is it hooked up to a door trigger? if so is it isolated with a diode?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

do you have domelight supervision hooked up? if so is it hooked up to a door trigger? if so is it isolated with a diode?

I didn't do it myself, alarms aren't my thing. I was just hoping it was something simple. I will make sure to ask the installer tomorrow when I bring it back to have him check it out.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Well, my buddy who put the alarm in wasn't there, but i let one of the other installers at the store take a look at it, and he said the problem is the polarity difference between what the alarm puts out and what my door actuators work on...didn't make any sense to me, since I could easily wire up a reverse polarity circuit with relay's and change that, so I guess I will have to deal with this shit for another day. I didn't think my actuators would have anything to do with it. However, there was a problem since the pin switsh for my passenger door had no wiring to it, and no plug. The installer had to wire up the passenger pin switch differently than the driver's side door which is running through the factory wiring. do you think that might be the problem? Also when I locked it at work today, I unlocked it to see if it was doing the same thing, and it is...plus now it shows the symbol for my shock sensor. The thing is it only shows them when I hit unlock, nothing actually sets off the alarm, it only shows up when I hit unlock.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Door trigger is hooked up to the domelight instead of the actual door triggers. This way will work, but it will make the alarm think that the doors are open when it is armed... since the domelight stays on for a few seconds after the doors are closed. Hook it up to the actual door triggers and it will fix this problem.

Good luck, post up if you have anymore questions.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Door trigger is hooked up to the domelight instead of the actual door triggers. This way will work, but it will make the alarm think that the doors are open when it is armed... since the domelight stays on for a few seconds after the doors are closed. Hook it up to the actual door triggers and it will fix this problem.

Good luck, post up if you have anymore questions.

The door trigger is hooked up to the actual pin switch to the door through the factory wiring, but the factory wiring is missing for my passenger switch, so he wired it straight to the trigger with different wiring (not factory). Is it possible that the missing wiring for the passenger door pin switch is the cause of all this? And why might my shock sensor be acting the same way now? Could it have happened when the second installer went to look at my ride? I am really wishing i would have taken the time to learn alarms, now.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

The door trigger is hooked up to the actual pin switch to the door through the factory wiring, but the factory wiring is missing for my passenger switch, so he wired it straight to the trigger with different wiring (not factory). Is it possible that the missing wiring for the passenger door pin switch is the cause of all this? And why might my shock sensor be acting the same way now? Could it have happened when the second installer went to look at my ride? I am really wishing i would have taken the time to learn alarms, now.

hehe i don't think i've ever saw a blazer/s10 with a passenger pin switch ;) i don't think they put them in.

He doesn't have it hooked up at the pin switch right, if it is still doing it. There is a positive and negative trigger on the alarm brain... he either has the wrong input wire hooked up... or the pin switch is not functioning properly.

Post up some pictures of it and I could probably help more. Specifically what wire he has coming off the brain hooked to it, what he has it hooked to, and where he has it hooked in.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I can probably get some pics tomorrow. my camera is at my friends house right now. I am having my friend who installed it look at it tomorrow. If I can get my manager to let me in the install bay I will take some pics when the dash is apart.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Well, it is fixed. I guess when the alarm was originally put in my buddy didn't install the remote start unit since I wasn't getting the remote start installed on my truck (5-speed with no emergency brake). Somehow that kept the alarm from clearing the alerts when the alarm was set off.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)