Kenwood Hu

2000s-10

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=17994 anybody kno anything about this hu? i cant find this model anywhere else. i have checked many websites and even the kenwood website. seems kinda wierd ... thanks

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

From Crutchfield who also lists it as discontinued:

The Kenwood Excelon KDC-X591 CD receiver brings outstanding audio performance and near-endless playback variety to your car. It'll play discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files, and offers the convenience of both auxiliary and USB inputs. Add Kenwood's optional connecting cable, and you can use the USB and auxiliary inputs to control your iPod®.

Kenwood teams up a powerful amplifier with a premium digital-to-analog converter, so you'll enjoy warm, detailed sound with plenty of punch. Take control of the audio with six preset tone curves, then make fine adjustments with the 3-band parametric equalizer. Kenwood's Supreme audio feature adds extra zing to your compressed music files, while the fold-down face offers a large display for your song info.

Read More

If you have a larger system in mind, three sets of preamp outputs make it easier to connect your external amps and subs. You can manage your bass settings with the built-in subwoofer controls, and you can adjust the frequencies going to your various speakers with the high- and low-pass filters.

The KDC-X591 works with a Kenwood CD changer or satellite radio for more music options while you're on the road. Add Kenwood's Bluetooth® adapter for hands-free calling with your Bluetooth cell phone — the receiver mutes automatically for incoming calls, and you converse with both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.

Details:

General features:

CD player with built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)

plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files (will not play Digital Rights-protected music files on disc)

detachable, fold-down face

remote control

Audio features:

24-bit digital-to-analog converter

System Q EX Sound Control (6 EQ curves and a 3-band parametric equalizer)

"Supreme" audio processing for better sound from your compressed music files

speaker settings that allow you to tailor the sound to the size and type of speakers in your car

System E's+ high- and low-pass filters

Expandability:

compatible with Kenwood's Bluetooth adapter and satellite radio

optional connecting cable gives you iPod control (uses both the USB and aux inputs)

inputs: rear USB and auxiliary inputs

outputs: three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs

compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)

and some reviews as well:

3 out of 5

Minor issues

Written By Peter, Jacksonville, Fl on Monday, April 07, 2008

I like this unit, but have some issues with it. The features are great, but could be tweaked. I'm using a 4 gig thumb drive as my main source for music and when I first insert the USB drive, all the songs play in order. After the first use and not having added any other music, the songs do not play one after the other. I have to forward to the next song, or the one song will play over and over (like in repeat mode) the only way to stop this is remove all the music from the thumb drive and add it again. The other issue is the lighting....its way too bright and why couldn't they provide green as an option. My cars lighting is a mellow green and my old clarion matched it wonderfully. The blue stands out way to much and is distracting. I don't care about bright flashing neon lights. I only care about great music. I'm going to use a black marker to cover over the right blud light. The sound quality of the unit is great and the sound shaping options are also very helpful. I'm hoping the USB issue will be resolved once I review the owner's manual fully. I just want to keep the USB thumb drive connected and ready when I get into my car. fyi I tried connecting a USB external HD, but the USB connection does not supply enough power. You will need to use a power adapter from your cars cigarette lighter.

Crutchfield is great. I've never had any problems with them or their level of customer service. Top notch all the way. The included cable made installation a snap. I still have a blud crutchfield amp I bought from them in the 1980's.

Was this review helpful? Yes | No 3 out of 5

Sounds good, but...

Written By scott, LA, CA on Sunday, March 30, 2008

I bought this one to replace the Pioneer DEH-P3800MP CD player that was

stolen from my truck. I was happy with the Pioneer, but it was discontinued. I

was ready to go for the Pioneer DEH-3000IB (the newer version), but the sales

guy was more impressed with the Kenwood KDC. Being the same price, I went

with his suggestion.

The sound quality is fine - I don't have an issue with that. What I don't like is

the pivoting face plate that is awkward to attach/detach. I was stupid enough to

leave the face plate on the Pioneer unit and it was stolen. It was easy to pop on

and off. If it's not easy to do, how much more likely am I going to be to leave it

on?

Like others have mentioned above, the controls are not intuitive and the ipod

cable is pretty long. I've never had much use for a remote but I suppose some

people like them.

Was this review helpful? Yes | No 4 out of 5

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X591

Written By Ivan, APO, AE on Sunday, March 23, 2008

This is a great receiver, easily upgraded a factory stereo system. I put one

of these in my 1996 Jeep and it sounds great. Do not like the fact that the

USB connector and the Aux connector just hang.. I think it would be better

if it were more like the KDC-X492 CD receiver. I would have like the remote

to connect to the steering wheel. Not sure why you are even given a

remote!

Was this review helpful? Yes | No 4 out of 5

Nice

Written By Steve, Salt Lake City on Saturday, March 01, 2008

This unit sounds great! My only complaint is the interface is too complicated, but I'm figuring it out! I also highly recommend the Ipod adapter Awesome

Was this review helpful? Yes | No 3 out of 5

Adequate, but with a couple of small improvements...

Written By Trevor, Callaway, VA on Monday, February 25, 2008

I go the KCA-IP500 with this so I use the ipod, the usb, and the auxliary inputs. I can't say I'm impressed with the ipod interrface but I may well be expecting stuff from it that it cannot do. The USB works great and I will be adding a portable hard drive in the near term future to take good use of this. The aux is great and works perfectly with my Sirius sportster 5. The CD plays well and the tuner picks up almost to many stations. All good. The most significant problem though is the brightness of the lighting around the righthand knob. I have had to adjust my driving position so my arm will block it at night. I've looked at other kenwood models and all appear to suffer from this problem. Ultimately, I will make a frosted piece of plastic to cover the light and thoat should make it acceptable. I have a really hard time with this product knowing that Kenwood did not make that light level adjustable - and worse yet, set it at such a blindingly bright level.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I don't have the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X591 but I have the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X791 and for the money its a great head-unit has never let me and has USB 2.0 for hard drives or ipods and and all that good stuff along with HPF and LPF for the speakers.

yea im thinking about pickin it up if i can come up with the money. seems like a nice hu for the price .. thanks guys

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

591 is last years model... the 592 is this year. I won a 791, and it is a great radio... if you can afford it get a 792. I see your in michigan and in your craigslist post it said flint... stop into one of our stores(Duke's Car Stereo), we have all the eXcelon's on display.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived