How Do I Make Door Pods.

byron2817

well i just decided to get Loud mids & tweets so im going to get some 8" for doors but i wanted to know how easy it it to make door pods?

i made the ones for pillars but not for doors.i want something like thse http://www.projectxcustoms.com/wp-content/...ads/wppa/27.jpg

simple that i could remove if i want to.im getting all new mids & highs set up

NEED TO GET LOUDER!!!

Draw it out first, build a frame from mdf, 1/2" outta do.

Once you get the frame stretch the ponte/fleece (ponte is probably going to be easier since it's small curves)

Then put a few layers of glass, sand, fill, sand, primer, paint, and attach.

Can you post a link to the pillars you did? So we can see what kind of experience you're talking about.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Read my build log in my signature, the fronts were full fiberglass fronts and rears, the backs were a MDF base with fiberglass fronts.

Truthfully, it was pretty easy, just a bit of work. All of mine are theoretically removable, the front's have a pocket I can reattatch, and the rears i can unscrew and re-cut carpet to cover the holes. If you have any questions, i'm sure someone on here can help

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

theres a million different ways... i try to glass in bolts before i stretch the fabric... then once theyre in place, line it up with the door, drill some holes and put nuts on the back...

if your pod is over your factory clips, and isnt too too heavy, you could possibly use automotive trim clips to fasten it in...

it all depends on your door panel and the way the pod was built...

Wasted, Incorporated

Up Front: Optima Yellowtop

HU:Pioneer Avic N1 w/ 2007 upgrade

Front Stage: MB Quart 6.5 comps

Rear Fill: Infinity Reference

Sub Stage: RE MT 18

Sub Amp: Undecided

Sub Enclosure: 5.5 cubes tuned to 33hz

Absolute Terminals

SkyTec 5100RS 2-Way LCD Pager

KnuKonceptz Wire

My Build Log

i should've taken pictures, but as you can see, mine are a fully enclosed pod, and basically i just seated them where i wanted them and ran 8-10 large head 1.75inch coarse thread zipscrews from the back into the pod. The front ones are like 6ish layers of fiberglass, and the rears have 3/4in mdf backing, so they've been fine thus far, they definitely wiggle if the door is slammed, but thats more the panel flexing off the door than the pod flexing off the panel, the doors are secured with 2 large bolts in the center, the top has the window seal hanging thingy, and the bottoms had like little screws, but they wer eon the pocket, and gone now. The people i spoke to about how to attatch it said to keep it simple, either screw it in if you ever want to remove them and make it easy to redo (like I'll do later when I wrap them in vinyl) or drill through the door and pour epoxy on it, and let it set to be permanently attatched.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived