Sundown Audio

What were the best ole skool amps

audioaddiction863

Damn...no offense, but you guys are old...I wish I could've been around back then, I guess you could say, to see all those amps and subs in action.  I'm 23, but never knew about the good stuff like you guys mentioned...all I had 9 years ago was Crutchfield. LoL.

man im kickin myself after reading this section! i used to have one of those sherwood bp 240's i picked up at a swap meet for 10$ that thing POUNDED a single rockford 12 when it put it in a buddys eclipse for him. told him 50 bucks for it tryin to make some money plus i didnt wanna let it go, but i still havent got my dough. that was 2 years ago, i should call that asian up!

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Oh man, My buddy bought 2 old school punch 150's for $10 each at a garage sale about 5 years ago.  He had no idea what he had!  he never even hooked them up.  he went into the marines and told me i could have them.  talk about a sweet deal.  I had them on 4 JL W1 12's but it all got jacked!

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

old school Rockford "Punch 1000"  just like Mark Fukuda's truck!  In my opinion the baddest amp ever!  All those models kicked ass though.  if it said "The Punch" is was a damn good amp.  45, 75 & 150 were awesome. 

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

thats was a steal... oh wait! in more ways then 1! that good old stuff is SO hard 2 come by these days. & if you do find anything, its usually just gone up in price if it still works :meh:

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

yeah, i find deals on ebay all the time.  you gotta be careful though, alot of it is burnt or has been fixed by some crackhead that don't know shit about amps.

dj2q.jpg

Archived