k my girlfriend bought a 1990 celica gt 2.2l a few years back. her mom took it from her and my girls name wasnt on the title so there was nothing she could do. we finally got the title transfered from her mom so i trailered the car to my house after it sitting in her parents backyard for a year and a half. I cant get it to start. it ran perfect last time she drove it but like i said its been sitting for a year and a half. its def getting gas can smell it commin out the exhaust when it cranking and even inside the car. i pulled all the plug wires and they spark so its def getting ignition. i dont know a ton about engines but wtf else would keep this from starting??? the only thing thats been changed on it since it last ran is a new battery and new airfilter. HELP!!!!!!!!

Check the distributor I have a buddy from school with an older toyota and he went thru a simmilar problem he didnt fix his he ran it over with his truck. On a serious not though that was what was wrong with his he didnt end up fixing but that might give you a place to start.

well like i said its getting a spark to all 4 plugs. the wires are all in the right spot and order on the block and the distributor so unless the timing is off i dont think this would be it? could be wrong but do you think the timing or something could be off from it just sitting? this car has never had any probs and like i said and it ran and started perfect last time she drove it.

Maybe bad gas or something. good luck

thats kinda what i was thinking but wasnt sure. theres only a galon or 2 of gas in the tank. idk if heat affects gas or not but it did sit through 2 110+ degree arizona summers. i did add some gas stabilizer in there but obviously it didnt help or thats not the problem

well like i said its getting a spark to all 4 plugs. the wires are all in the right spot and order on the block and the distributor so unless the timing is off i dont think this would be it? could be wrong but do you think the timing or something could be off from it just sitting? this car has never had any probs and like i said and it ran and started perfect last time she drove it.

Sorry just read the post I wouldnt think the timing could be off since like you said it ran just fine but then again you never know it very well could be the timing. Where are you checking where its getting fuel before the fuel filter or after the fuel filter?

ok . when ur tring to start it does it back fire at all?? if not the timing should be fine.. not meaning to step on anyones toes here ... ill almost be its bad gas ... gas goes degrade its self with in a month ... so rule of thumb is if it was 92 octane u have about 2 months or alittle more before it looses octane an now is 87 octane ... now if u put in 87 within a month ull have 80 or less and depending on compression ratio most of cars today dont like to fire on anything less that 80 ... i see u said u added fuel stabil .. but honestly it wont do anything after the fuel has already lost its octane rating ... ur best bet is to drain all the fuel u can by either diconnecting the fuel line closest to the engine as possible or finding the fuel filter (and replace if u can i highly recommend it) and just use the fuel pump to discharge the fuel into a container at the fuel filter by turning on and off the ignition if the fuel pump shuts off... then get urself some fresh gas and as much as u can to help dilote the remaining old fuel that is still in the system ...if that doesnt help hit me up and we'll go from there

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

ok . when ur tring to start it does it back fire at all?? if not the timing should be fine.. not meaning to step on anyones toes here ... ill almost be its bad gas ... gas goes degrade its self with in a month ... so rule of thumb is if it was 92 octane u have about 2 months or alittle more before it looses octane an now is 87 octane ... now if u put in 87 within a month ull have 80 or less and depending on compression ratio most of cars today dont like to fire on anything less that 80 ... i see u said u added fuel stabil .. but honestly it wont do anything after the fuel has already lost its octane rating ... ur best bet is to drain all the fuel u can by either diconnecting the fuel line closest to the engine as possible or finding the fuel filter (and replace if u can i highly recommend it) and just use the fuel pump to discharge the fuel into a container at the fuel filter by turning on and off the ignition if the fuel pump shuts off... then get urself some fresh gas and as much as u can to help dilote the remaining old fuel that is still in the system ...if that doesnt help hit me up and we'll go from there

no back firing at all, it just cranks and cranks, one time while i was cranking it it almost started and turnover on its own but then died and now it doesnt do that even it just cranks but will not start. im gonna drain all the gas out and replace the fuel filter and try that and ill let you know

Thanks, JC

no back firing at all, it just cranks and cranks, one time while i was cranking it it almost started and turnover on its own but then died and now it doesnt do that even it just cranks but will not start. im gonna drain all the gas out and replace the fuel filter and try that and ill let you know

Thanks, JC

You say you have a good spark. if it cranks, and you can smell gas - it is flooded. That car has the 5S-FE engine with fuel injection. Changing the fuel filter & adding some fresh gas is a good idea, but to get it to start you will need to do a bit more.

1) Go buy a fresh set of spark plugs. Either NGK BKR5EYA11 or Nippondenso K16R-U11

2) Put the battery on charge overnight Charge it for at least 10 hours, 16 is even better.

3) Pull the old plugs out. Be careful to clean around them before you pull them, or all of the dirt around the plug will just drop into the engine. Compressed air is great for this, but a good blow dryer will work if you have no compressor.

4) Clear the engine. With all of the old plugs out, crank the engine for 5 or 6 seconds, with the throttle wide open. Wait about 5 minutes, and do it again.

5) Check the gap on the new plugs, and install them. It should start without any trouble.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

If the car has been sitting for a year and a half... I'd bet almost anything it is the gas.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000