Sonic Electronix

How To Filter Bass From Mid-bass Speakers?

sorry i know that there is another topic like this SOMEWHERE!, i tried to find it by going through a few pages here and there and on the search bar but i couldn't find it!:(

any way, i was wondering how to stop my midbass speakers play bass thru them and jus vocals etc.......i have to have my ampo set on FLAT on front and rear (jbl GTO 75.4) otherewise speakers go spastic when the HU gets turned off.

i was wondering if i dont have any bass go through the speakers can i have more power going to them making it louder or does it not work like that?

cheeers for help guys:)

xx

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could turn the amp crossover to HPF and set it at about 70-90 hz. Or you could use the headunit settings if you got them. or last option cheap bass blockers from crutchfield.com

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

You could turn the amp crossover to HPF and set it at about 70-90 hz. Or you could use the headunit settings if you got them. or last option cheap bass blockers from crutchfield.com

its wierd, cus my speakers pop when i turn HU off, when i put the amp settings to hpf the front and back act differently, the front still has bass etc comin thru and back have hardly any bass movement?!?! plus with it on hpf the popping goes absolutely spasticated:O:s lol

they both are set exactly the same on amp but they both act differently:s, they both oright in 'flat' jus when its in hpf its gay so i jus leave it on fla

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x2... i like using the headunit first since u have an exact number its set at... but yeah 80hz @12db slope is a good starting point

i have an alpine 9850Ri

not too sure how to get them kinda settings on there, i can change the frequency for the treble7.5-15.0 KHz

and the bass centre frequency

80HZ->100->120->60->80Hz

not sure if that is where i do it?

but i find that mainlt does the sub more?

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

Archived