God dayum boy, thats some nice work, even if it didnt turn out the way you hoped. the 10's will be badass too. And by the way: Welcome to SMD

TexasTech2.jpg

"Buy some shit, Build some shit, Bang some shit!" - Dr. DB

Joe owns my soul.

Refs: Duct_Tape123, Derrick824

Sorry to hear about the amps.

PT's are not very easy to get a lot of amplifier power into. That is why I set my limit at 2000w, ended up with ~1500w and 2 batteries.

24 10"s seems to much in terms of airspace. Take a look at Assmans Asstro, that ain't gonna fit in a PT.

I'm sure you'll figure out something that you will be happy with and that the PT can handle electrically!

Good luck man! :D

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Well I'm a big time bass hog. I can't ever seem to find something I like. I go through large systems like a fish goes through water!

My best performing system ever was four 12" Memphis M3s on 2000W with no power upgrades. It was hitting 152.1 on a term and have trophies that show it. My twelve 12s hit 147 ish with 3000 and the MOJOs on 4000 watts were just barely breaking 150.

I keep going bigger and bigger, but it doesn't seem to get louder, so I'm wondering if I just have a shit load of noise canceling with my most recent designs. That's why I'm going back to the wall, but it just doesn't seem to be performing. Of course, maybe I'm just a little let down about not being able to power it. I think I'm gonna take some time to create a design and figure out what the biggest build I can fit in this car will be.

I think with 8000W on a 300A alt with 7 Kinetic HC2400s should be sufficient power. But I need to figure out what should go in here.

And I'm not sure if more cone area on the same wattage necessarily yields higher numbers. It would make sense though right? I'm gonna try.

Any ideas?

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

• 4 months later...

well keep trying. its an addiction.

more cone area should yield higher numbers but do you have the airspace required for it?

quick question.

did you hit 152.1 on the old termlab?

if so then your numbers on the new termlab will be a little lower.

someone jump in if i'm wrong but i think the new termlab shows a decibel or two lower then the old one. correct me if i'm wrong though.

well keep trying. its an addiction.

more cone area should yield higher numbers but do you have the airspace required for it?

quick question.

did you hit 152.1 on the old termlab?

if so then your numbers on the new termlab will be a little lower.

someone jump in if i'm wrong but i think the new termlab shows a decibel or two lower then the old one. correct me if i'm wrong though.

Hey, bud, this build is loooong gone. Check out build 4 in my sig for the latest one.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Archived