Building A 2-way Component Set

Gearstix

• 3 weeks later...

the most basic crossover setup splits a signal to a mid and a high. the the high has a bass blocker wired in so the lower tones dont reach the tweeter and blow it. basically, it filters the signal into 2 different ones....so in a two way setup, theres a small woofer (or mid speaker), a tweeter, and the crossover...this is the most basic setup of a component system.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

the most basic crossover setup splits a signal to a mid and a high. the the high has a bass blocker wired in so the lower tones dont reach the tweeter and blow it. basically, it filters the signal into 2 different ones....so in a two way setup, theres a small woofer (or mid speaker), a tweeter, and the crossover...this is the most basic setup of a component system.

I was planning on using those Parts Express x-overs... but.. I dunno.

capacitor, and inductors, resistors for atenuating to compensate for excessive trebble, or bass- Zobel filters Ibelieve they are called

but v\basically, 6db 1 cap, 1 inductor

12db 2 caps, 2 inductors, and so forth in increments of 6db slopes

ofcourse there is alot more to it that just that

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

capacitor, and inductors, resistors for atenuating to compensate for excessive trebble, or bass- Zobel filters Ibelieve they are called

but v\basically, 6db 1 cap, 1 inductor

12db 2 caps, 2 inductors, and so forth in increments of 6db slopes

ofcourse there is alot more to it that just that

Lol. well I don't want to build it from scratch. I'd like to use some ready made x-overs if possible. Hmm.

I'd like to be able to pick my mids and tweets.

I don't really wanna do active.

ahhh

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

if you can find a premade one, theres no reason it wouldnt work, just check the crossover frequency and slope since that's the only thing you can really vary anyway. if you manage to find blown component sets of speakers, or if a friend of yours blows his, take the crossovers, 99% of the time a speaker goes, crossovers are very durable fr the most part

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

if you can find a premade one, theres no reason it wouldnt work, just check the crossover frequency and slope since that's the only thing you can really vary anyway. if you manage to find blown component sets of speakers, or if a friend of yours blows his, take the crossovers, 99% of the time a speaker goes, crossovers are very durable fr the most part

I was going to use something from here

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?we...ectGroup_ID=193

but I read they won't last.

I would hope you guys would be able to help me choose which one would be right for my application.. I'll look at some speakers and tweeters on PE too..

• 2 weeks later...
I was going to use something from here

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?we...ectGroup_ID=193

but I read they won't last.

I would hope you guys would be able to help me choose which one would be right for my application.. I'll look at some speakers and tweeters on PE too..

x2 man i am glad someone made this thread!! ive been dying to make my own comp set but am so lost on crossovers, hopefully someone can help you and help me at the same time

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon: