How To Bypass Security

Ok I have a 1998 GMC Sonoma that was stripped and I didnt plan on getting back. Well I got it back and dont have the keys cause I got pissed and threw them..lol

SOOO I need to bypass the security stuff cause it cuts off the fuel pump after staring it.

l_5c6a0896e2702b36ced88f8563e3ab-1.jpg

R.I.P. SONOMA

I WILL FIND WHO STRIPPED MY BABY!

Were allot of wires cut? you might just need to tie the ends back together. mainly for the theft function

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

find the yellow wire that goes into the engine compartment into a bos find the green wire and snip it. if that dont work ull have to go to the dealership and get a key cuz 98 was when they started puttin that chip in the keys

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Posted Image

the two smaller wires on the left with the insulation stripped back are your theft wires.

YELLOW (+), ORANGE/BLACK (-) and RED/WHITE (Not used)

im not sure if 98 had the chiped keys. if so you you have to get a new one programed. im not sure if you can do it yourself it might be a dealer thing.

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Posted Image

the two smaller wires on the left with the insulation stripped back are your theft wires.

YELLOW (+), ORANGE/BLACK (-) and RED/WHITE (Not used)

im not sure if 98 had the chiped keys. if so you you have to get a new one programed. im not sure if you can do it yourself it might be a dealer thing.

so cut all 3 or just yellow and orange/black?

and it is not a chipped key. thank you for your help so far!

l_5c6a0896e2702b36ced88f8563e3ab-1.jpg

R.I.P. SONOMA

I WILL FIND WHO STRIPPED MY BABY!

no please dont cut the wires, lol

are you sure its not chipped? i thought they were. what key does yours look like, top or bottom?

Posted Image

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Do not cut those wires... they are your passlock2 wires(black is ground reference and yellow is r-code)... cutting them will do nothing, your car will still not start. The only way to bypass passlock2 you need a key with the proper r-code to get the resistance.

I have no idea what that other guy was talking about cutting wires. But I definitely wouldn't do what he said.

Goto the dealership give them your VIN and they can program you a new one.

And yes your key is chipped, it is in the head(the black part).

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Do not cut those wires... they are your passlock2 wires(black is ground reference and yellow is r-code)... cutting them will do nothing, your car will still not start. The only way to bypass passlock2 you need a key with the proper r-code to get the resistance.

I have no idea what that other guy was talking about cutting wires. But I definitely wouldn't do what he said.

Goto the dealership give them your VIN and they can program you a new one.

And yes your key is chipped, it is in the head(the black part).

lol i was definitely not saying cut the wires, i was saying make sure they were not cut. :(

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived