Second Skin Audio

Box Rise?

So, say I have a Sundown SAZ3000D and a fi btl loaded. Would I be best off getting the dual 1 coils and putting it to a .5 ohm load, to compensate for the box rise?

If you have a couple of decent batteries in the bank and I see that you already have a ho alt. I would definately run that 3000D at .5 all day long. That will not hurt that amp at all if you got the juice to give to it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

If you have a couple of decent batteries in the bank and I see that you already have a ho alt. I would definately run that 3000D at .5 all day long. That will not hurt that amp at all if you got the juice to give to it.

Wow... never thought box rise was as.. big as it is.

I don't have the gear to measure the rise though. Hell I don't even have my subs yet (there two weeks late). Aeroports are a more "efficent" port?

The problem is that speakers are a reactive load. It's fine to calculate box rise for burping because it's set, you're always at the same frequency. The problem with running a nominal load below your stable impedance is that on certain notes the box rise will be almost non-existant and your impedance will get very very close to nominal. I wouldn't use an amp daily at 0.5 ohms if it was only rated at 1 ohm, but you could probably burp it without too many worries - impedance rise is usually highest around your ports tuned frequency and if you're burping way off your tuning then you're doing it wrong :lol:

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!