Parking Lot Pimping

I have a question for all I have a 96 Impala SS I want to be able to use the system what being parked ( say at a street meet or an out door car show) How can I go about electrical system to do this? Do I just run 2-3 xtra batteries in the trunk? Do I use a relay or a izolator?? I currenly have Alpine headunit, JL 300/4 JL 500/1, I also have some LED's in the engine compartment and trunk along with a set of strobes all of which are currently on the car. I do plan on adding 4 TV's and possibly another sub amp. I would like to be able to use the system for a little bit and not have to worrie about draining the main starting battery.......

So how would one go about wiring up something like that??

If you're just parked up, something we have used in the past for shows is a rack of 105A/h batteries (3 or 4) shoved under the car and then we just run a bit of 4ga to the positive and negative terminals...

Lasts all day, running the system at a lowish level, strobes, in-car lighting, a few tvs...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

could use a power supply if you have access to a 120 volt outlet where ever you go.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

Ya I plan on using a power supply for indoor car show when U need to disconnect the main starter battery.....

A friend of mine had two yellow tops in the trunk and was playing his system for a while i just did ask if he has an isolator or not...

Isolators are a bad deal. The easiest method would be to add some batteries to the trunk, (all paralleled together) and just monitor your voltage with a volt meter. Run off the batteries till your down to 12.5V or so, and start the car up and let it run for a while to charge the batteries back up.

If you have access to a 120 plug outlet, a powersupply would be the best bet.

I've got a small generator I bring to outdoor shows. So thats no problem..

If for indoor show where youhave to disconnect the starter batter how can I wire up a power supply??

Connect the positive to your positive battery clamp, connect negative to negative clamp then pull the clamps off the battery :) That way you don't lose your headunit settings and stuff.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived