Subs In My 07 Suburban (update.. 3rd Video Added)

Something else I forgot to mention. The newer Tahoe/Suburbans have a feature in them that's controlled by the trucks ECU. What it does is it cuts the voltage down on the truck when it not needed. So my truck voltage fluxuates from 14.5 to 12.0 volts while driving weither the radio is on or not. This feature is suppose to save on gas burned. Don't ask me how it does that but it does.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

nice man! love the ride and the sub choice, what are the specs for the box? i like the design and if its got enough cuft and port then hell just throw more powa at the woofas!!! although i think 2500w per is... a bit much. what amp are you using now?

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

nice man! love the ride and the sub choice, what are the specs for the box? i like the design and if its got enough cuft and port then hell just throw more powa at the woofas!!! although i think 2500w per is... a bit much. what amp are you using now?

-Drew

Box is a dual chamber with each chamber seeing right around 5.4cuft. Tuning is right around 34hz and I'm running a single Autotek Mean Machine MM4000.1D. I'm thinking that each sub is seeing right around 1.5K rms... I don't believe the amp is pushing over 3k right now even through I have it wired in 2 channel mode with a 2ohm load on each channel. According to Maxxsoinc that amp at 14.4v is suppose to kick out 2k rms per channel at 2 ohm. I'm probably averaging around 13.95v while driving. Also, the only thing hooked up to that yellow top battery is this Amp. My HU and other equipment including door amp is running off the factory battery.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

can you get that box bigger?

-Drew

Not without taking out the third row seats, which is something I'm not willing to do. 1) I don't have a place to keep them if I take them out of the truck, and 2) I think it's cooler to have a pair of 18's in a suburban with all my seats intact. I might can squeeze an extra cubic inch or so if I re-design the box. Make it a single chamber/port design.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Love that ride.

Thanks!

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

So I've finally made a video or two of my LvL 4 18 in the back of the burban. First vid is with the volume up to around 22 out of 32....subwoofer level is at 0 and no boost. The second video is at 22 volume again with 0 subwoofer level and boost right at 8db out of 18db. The songs being played are "Get Ya Rob" for video 1 and "Hood Star" off of the Three 6 Mafia (Last 2 Walk) album. The sun light wasn't agreeing with me when I was filming the second video so I'll have to re-shoot that one later on this week. Let me know what you thing, although I'm 99% sure that I'm going to rebuild the box with both subs and a single port facing up.

is this an alpine headunit? which im guessing it is

if it is please take my/others advice:

turn subwoofer level all the way up to +15... dont use bass boost (especially in maxxonics amps unless xx line if u must) at all and set gains again with dmm... u might think different about not getting enough power once u change it up

and if you have a dmm u should be able to see how many volts ur getting with music which will give u a better idea of how much power ur getting

looks good otherwise... love them lvl4s

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

is this an alpine headunit? which im guessing it is

if it is please take my/others advice:

turn subwoofer level all the way up to +15... dont use bass boost (especially in maxxonics amps unless xx line if u must) at all and set gains again with dmm... u might think different about not getting enough power once u change it up

and if you have a dmm u should be able to see how many volts ur getting with music which will give u a better idea of how much power ur getting

looks good otherwise... love them lvl4s

Nope I have a Pioneer HU and no need to turn the sublevel up on it. It's pretty fucking loud where it's at right now. I'm trying to save up to get a sound process such as an Audio Control or a 3Sixty, something that will give me more voltage on the pre-outs. My current unit only gives 2 volts out. I only use the boost to show off. I can't take that much bass all the time, I still vaule my ears and my hearing. So with normal listening the boost is at 0.

I do have a digital multimeter, how can I use that to set my gains correctly? I've seen that an Olioscope was the best way to truly set your gains but I don't have money or a place to store something like that.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Here is another video I did tonight while getting gas for the burban. I used my camera phone for this video and the quality is def lacking in this video. But it was still pretty loud. I had the windows at the gas station flexing. But not like how Steve does it.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> ">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes