Sonic Electronix

New Here. Just Wanted To......

introduce myself, and tell you where I'm at right now with car audio.

I go by 'Fish Chris'..... or just Fish, as I'm a fishing fool, and my life revolves around fishing, and fish in general :-)

Anyway, I bought a brand new F150 Supercab {to pull the boat LONG distances} from Future Ford (I saw a video of Steve M. over there... I guess he does some work for them). Right from the start, I knew I would never need any "stinking backseats" :-) but I had my arm twisted... long story......so those are already yanked out, and for sale.

I want to go with (for starters anyway) more of a daily driver SQ system, with a modestly sized sub box, that will be permanently mounted...... but also, someday down the road, when everything is hooked up, and working right (all the bugs worked out, and everything tweaked just right) I'm thinking about building a second box for one 18", or two 15"s, set up to do something between SPL and super low..... but not worried about SQ so much for this one. Also, this box will not be permanently mounted in the truck, but instead, I can just throw it in "the other side" of the back of my Supercab, pound it for a day or two, then yank it back out, and just switch my speaker cables back over to my daily driver sub box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here's what I've already bought;

Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 to Life edition amp (birthsheet shows 111wt x 4ch, at 4ohm, and 705wt x 1ch at 2 ohm... which I would go with for my SQ box, but 935wt x 1ch at 1ohm, which I would run for that loud / deep box)

Kenwoood X792 deck

Polk Audio 6501 component speakers

Dayton RS225-4 8" mid-bass speakers {btw, I'm dead set on a pair of mid-bass speakers, as I've run this type of 3 way setup before, and it sounded freaking awesome !)

Two ED 13Kv.2 subs (12") (of which I have gotten SO much conflicting info about box building for, it's driving me freaking crazy ! ........but I've been lurking over here for a while, and I think their are a few guys here I'd trust as much, or more than anyone. More on this later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, right now I'm just working on building a false (flat, level, carpeted) rear floor, and wall for the truck..... Then I need to install a fat stereo battery and isolator...... then an alarm..... then a couple of custom pods for my 8" mid-bass drivers in the front lower door panels.

It sucks when you have ALL of the actual stereo equipment stacked up and ready to go..... but yet you still need to spend another $1000 or $1500 before you can actually make it all happen :-( ......sucks even worse being a poor guy..... but then again, what's a guy going to do, when he spends as many hours each week on the water, as he does working ? Hell of an addiction, huh ? Oh well.

Peace,

Fish

PS, I guess I didn't ask anything, huh ? I'll but you guys with plenty of questions later :-)

Thank you Namosh :-)

A fish off, you said ? So your a fellow angler too ? That's cool, as their is so much truth to the saying, "Only a fisherman would understand" :-)

Hey now, I wouldn't want to come onto a forum, and right from the first day, start posting non-stereo stuff, in the stereo section....

So why don't we go over to the "off topic" section..... I'll try to post a few photos for you.

Thanks again, their seems to be a LOT of guys here, who know a TON more about car audio than I do. Just the place I want to be right now.

Peace,

Fish

Welcome....

I challenge you to a fish off!

:D:D:D

Archived