so Im installing another scytek into almost the same car (Rav4) and I told her what to buy and even the specific part# of the immobilizer. She buys a different one. One of the electronic ones that doesnt need the key. its called the PKT2. I tell her its gonna be longer to install cuz its a different one. And now Im gettin really pissed off at this friggin thing. It has me working with the ECM harness which I dont like in the first place, but the worst part is that It doesnt even tell you what the wire is for. All it says is "data output" or input. Are you kidding me? its not even telling me WTF the wire is for? If anyone knows what I can do, please let me know.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

pretty much took a little time and thought about it. Im tellin her to send this one back and get the one I told her to get. This one actually has me cutting a wire from the ECU....screw that.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

That is a good bypass for when a customer doesn't want to lose a key, we use them all the time... what did you want her to get a 556u?

The instructions from bypass kits are usually pretty straight forward... it tells you all the specific wires for the car.

Did you have this manual?

http://www.bypasskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=610

Post up what wires you don't know how to hookup, and I'll help.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

What is the alarm model/ bypass #? The rav4 is a pita anyway. Don't cut anything in the ECM if you can help it. Give us some info and I will try to help.

yeah its the one shyne is sayin. thanks man

That is a good bypass for when a customer doesn't want to lose a key, we use them all the time... what did you want her to get a 556u?

The instructions from bypass kits are usually pretty straight forward... it tells you all the specific wires for the car.

Did you have this manual?

http://www.bypasskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=610

Post up what wires you don't know how to hookup, and I'll help.

yeah man I would have been fine if she got the 556. I have everything else done except this....I even cut down on how long it takes me to wire everything. But now Im stuck. I have that wiring diagram you linked. the problem though is that theres no plug that looks anything like the one in that diagram. according to the list, her year should be an E7 connector. the pic of the Rav4 is an 06-07 model with an A9 connector so its worthless. looking at the E7 connector, like I said, theres nothing that looks like it....and the worst part is, even if I found something that looked like it, I wouldnt even be able to test the wires to see if they are correct because It doesnt tell you what the hell they are actually for; (like when you test to make sure you found the power lock wire and see voltage when its pressed etc.) So I guess you can say finding it is what Im having trouble with. Im still not wild about cutting the IMI wire to run the violet and violet/white wires but if I just found the right ones Id probably get over it. Just a little humor too....I love how friggin generic the data IMO wire is.....red hahaha. Really? cuz there arent 400 other red wires in the car. It didnt really help when they started referring to IMO and IMI....I had no idea wtf they were talkin about. Just alot of figurin this shit out. I think I found the ECU....on the passenger side behind the headlight. but Im not sure. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

So there is nothing behind the glove box at the ecm that looks like an e7 connector? or is the ecm not behind the glove box?

As for not knowing if it's the right wire..

RAV4 2004-2005 26 Red 27 Red/Green E7 3 Green/Red At security light T4

that's from the chart the number before the wire color is the pin location. That's one thing I've learned while doing remote starts, trust the diagrams or you will never get anything done.... they are right usually 99.9% of the time. They double and triple check those wires with multiple sources before they are published.

Edited by Shyne151

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

So there is nothing behind the glove box at the ecm that looks like an e7 connector? or is the ecm not behind the glove box?

As for not knowing if it's the right wire..

RAV4 2004-2005 26 Red 27 Red/Green E7 3 Green/Red At security light T4

that's from the chart the number before the wire color is the pin location. That's one thing I've learned while doing remote starts, trust the diagrams or you will never get anything done.... they are right usually 99.9% of the time. They double and triple check those wires with multiple sources before they are published.

thanks alot man. I just finished it. Tomrrow I just have to wrap the lines and hide the components. Everything is working great. Again thanks alot man....second time you've saved my ass from alarms haha.

Glad you got if figured out. Let me know if you run into anymore problems.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

Glad shyne got ya fixed up. He knows his stuff.

yeah he does man. thanks for the hand to you too.

Glad you got if figured out. Let me know if you run into anymore problems.

yeah man wrapped the lines all nice and programmed everything. thanks again man.