So, my stepdaughters boyfriend and I are getting this thing done finally... Getting rid of the 200ci inline 6

got the 289 tore down pretty much, inspected everything, engine block is good, pistons, and cylinders look good, tomorrow gonna start cleaning up the head, and lap the valves

ordered a full gasket set kit, water pump, pushrods, billet alum HEI distributer, gonna get some long headers and bolt on glass packs directly to the headers, and just do down pipes for now- Will be loud as hell.

Got a universal electric fuel pump for carbed cars.

Going to paint the whole engine bay after cleaning it out (thinking rhino line it to help prevent rust and then use engine black- do able?) While I'am at it when the engine is out, I want to rewire as much as possible- all new wiring

Got a Holley carb gonna do a lil rebuilding on that, carb spacer, edelbrock performer intake

we need to get some newer valve covers, probably chrome, same as everything else- gonna do Black on chrome

DSCN0008.jpg

old

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCI0047-1.jpg

DSCI0049-1.jpg

this car has been a project set aside for atleast 6 months due to funds

so we will get this thing running here really soon, then brakes second

I have a question for anyone done this conversion,

its a c4 tranny, the bell housing needs to be swapped out? and block plate? what about torque converter?

I read somewhere awhile back the engine bolts up, but the torque converter needs swapping out , then I read tonite, its the bell housing, and as long as the engine is not tricked out, the torque converter stays

anyone else know about that???

we will get there next weekend

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I'am just gonna have to take the 6 out, and maybe do a trace around some hardboard and bolt holes, and take it to the v8

Torque converters are so costly it seems like- $200-300-400

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

put in a converter for a mustang its worth it... and from my experiance get the brakes on first...... i have a 86.... and the brakes are the most important...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

oh Iam not worried about the brakes, the brakes Iam buying from www.scarebird.com, and getting the right rotors, and larger master cylinder, all that

engine done first, just to get that out the way, she wont be driving it anywhere but around the block with the brakes not done yet

edit: well, actually may just do the 77 Fairlane disc brake conversion instead- I was reading the fine print on scarebird, you get parts from them, but need to take the parts to a machinist for finalized machining- weird

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg

You will need to change to a V8 flex plate, bell housing and torque convertor. Not 100% on the convertor but you can match the bolt pattern to the flex plate. Honestly, to save you pain/time for having to tear it back apart buy a new convertor. I also think the servo is different from an I6 C4 to a V8 C4.

Also PLEASE don’t try to run a V8 with 9 inch drum brakes even for a test run. The front springs will need to be change to v8 springs and the crappy 5/8 sway bar needs to be at least a 1 inch bar. The radiator has different inlets and outlets. The axle needs to be upgrade from the 7.25/7.5 (don’t remember which) to at least an 8 inch…. Need a 9 inch if the v8 is hopped up. Need different rims if you plans on upgrading the front brakes and rear axle cause the bolt pattern is a 4 lug on 4.25 spacing. The v8 bolt pattern is a 5 lug.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck, I wanna see more pictures.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

The fuel line is different too. The v8 fuel line comes into the engine compartment more in the middle and the I6 more toward the firewall.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Looks good.

orrignally mine was a I6 as well. Im honestly not sure if there was ever a v-8 in it or not, but I know they started the swap atleast though

at least you had a start Rusty.. lol- Your build definitely looks interesting!

So, on the tranny, probably best bet is to just find another c4 that is in good condition, that came out of a ford set up with a v8

Thats what I'am thinking now, cost of a used bell housing, and torque converter would out way just getting a second hand tranny.....

As far as the fuel line, I may do something custom anyways, thinking of replacing the whole fuel tank and sending unit just because its only $150 or so to do it $115 tank- $29 sending unit

then hardline to run under the car another $25 in parts there

The brakes, I understand its major safety issue, but the suspension, I know I can hold off on that for now, I knew about the springs, think they have to be, a total of another 1/4 ton recommended I believe

sundown.jpg