Sonic Electronix

So i posted a thread about my amp and it not working and how this is the fourth time ive gotten the same broken amp back from kicker

I think i've narrowed down the problem

The Bass Boost knob is more loose than any other of the knobs, so i played with it today with car running, subs on... just no output trying to play with the knobs to get something

the bass boost knob goes from like 0-19 or something similar, i'm going to just play easy and say 1-10...

there is no output until i twist the bass boost knob over 5 (half way), and that plays very light bass, kinda weird, 0-5 has no output, hit a little over 5 and it starts to come alive

so now putting it all the way up, to 10, is like in all reality putting it to 5 on a normal working amp.

didn't have to adjust any gain or anything, jut had to put the bassboost way high up

it worked like that for probably two hours, then cut out, and no more subage... it's like the bass boost knob is doing something tricky

i've taken the case off the amp and looked at it, it looks fine, just a little bit of wobbleage and i don't want to touch any of that because if something happens i dont want kicker to void the warranty for tampering or something

I think this is the problem and kicker hasn't checked the knob everytime i send it in

could this be it??? what is there to do and how would you test it out somemore, all the info's in my sig

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

whats bass boost?

Ive never touched that dial, and am still loud without it..

That's how it used to be and should be... but it has to be more than halfway for any output... that's where i'm lost

also the knob goes into a little box and i'm not touching any of that ha

but like you guys said bassboos shouldn't be needed, yet i have to put it up for any output, kinda where i'm lost

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Good luck getting kicker to warranty it now. I'd try maybe a third party repair shop.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Good luck getting kicker to warranty it now. I'd try maybe a third party repair shop.

I got an RA number and it's being shipped out tomorrow and it's being fully replaced.

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

I got an RA number and it's being shipped out tomorrow and it's being fully replaced.

Did you tell them you took it apart?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000