Do You Use Your Laptop To Record Audio In Class Lectures?

I want to record some lectures in class using my laptop but what's a good software to record audio without worrying about it crashing or something?

Also, my friend brought in a hand held voice recorder but the .wav file is not loud enough because he sat near the middle of the class; is there a program that can increase the volume?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

your going to want to get a separate mic to extend to the front of the class. Laptop mics aren't very good and a full size mic will pick up the audio better.

you may need an xlr adapter for your mic input on the comp.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I used Cakewalk (sonar), Cubase, and Wavelab, they are all good recording apps for windows. Don't ask me how to warez them though. All 3 are powerful, if you got the extra cash to boot around, Pro Tools is a VERY good app. Another app for recording is Adobe Audition. Plus that, there are plenty of freeware ones out there with not as many features as the ones mentioned before.

'U never seen hell til you've worked at WalMart 1716 over nite"

I've never recorded a lecture the whole time I've been in college. Shit I don't even think I've saw that many people do it, I think maybe a couple times in a physics class i had this girl would put a recorder up by the teacher on the podium. Might just ask the prof if they care if you stick a recorder up near them. never hurts to ask, and shows the prof you care about learning the info.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

your going to want to get a separate mic to extend to the front of the class. Laptop mics aren't very good and a full size mic will pick up the audio better.

you may need an xlr adapter for your mic input on the comp.

-Drew

Drew is right, you may need a XLR to 1/8" connector if you are looking to get a more professional style mic or a "real" mic that you will be plugging straight from the mic into the audio in on your notebook. However, there are mics that have 1/8" jacks on the end of the mic cable that will set you back about 20 bucks. Since these microphones have the 1/8" jack right there on the cable, you can plug them straight into the input on your notebook. You can find them at places like Best Buy, and they might sell them at Radio Shack.

'U never seen hell til you've worked at WalMart 1716 over nite"