2000 Mercury Cougar Wall Build

Port needs to be on driver side if you want it to be louder.

It will be good for burps, but just dont try to play music on a box with that much power and that much port. With alot of port, no sub will take 4k+rms for more than a minute or so.

David Mackey ran 2 TSNS 18s in a Blazer with 4 SS-XXX6500Ds on 16v for Bassrace. Would pull a 156-157 in BR, but with the 10k per sub, he would end up frying subs within the 30 second run because its just soooo much power. Was loud as hell though.

Id say just build it as a plain fartbox if thats what you're going for. No such thing as a musical fart box. Build it to do either one or the other.

for once I totally agree with the monk

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

yeah ik, lol been doing alot ot studying on how to do this exatcly, yeah yeah i fig the subs on pass port on drive be loudest but iunno if i have enough port area and then to fig out how lol

yeah ik, lol been doing alot ot studying on how to do this exatcly, yeah yeah i fig the subs on pass port on drive be loudest but iunno if i have enough port area and then to fig out how lol

you really only need 140 - 200 square inches or port ....

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

but for burps, the more port are you can get the better

i meant for daily apps.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i dont. jakes. lincoln is a beast when he plays music. you can have a musical fartbox. you just have to be carefull wiht your volume and power.

If it plays music, its not a fartbox.

And if you build a box with interchangeable ports, neither box will ever be the most it can be. A musical box needs different airspace than an SPL box, not just a different tuning. If you build a box for SPL and change the port, it wont do well on music. If you build a box for music and change the port to SPL, it wont do well on that. If a box is built that does equally well on both, neither will be what it should.

Everything in car audio is like a scale. If it does one thing great, there is something else that it does that much worse at. Thats just the name of the game.

what what if i tell you for daily i have a 13-15 cube box and burps a 10 cube or less box, how is that possible?

i guess youll have to wait and find out

Archived