Jump to content

Audio Control Dqxs?


Recommended Posts

Posted

IMHO its one of the best crossovers out there, Also i would look at the alpine h701 because it also has time correction which will help you with your staging. By balancing the sound out more do you mean flatten up your frequency response? Your going to need a RTA to help you flatten up your response or else its going to be a tough job tuning any sophisticated EQ. If you dont have access to an RTA you can use an SPL meter and a test tone disc to help set your eq. Basically play each tone and record the db level of it, then make of graph of each tone and its db level. Once that is done you can adjust the eq to help flatten up the overall response. ( Eric Holdaway taught me how to do this so he deserves the credit)

Too Much Stuff to list .

Posted

Like neel said, they are one hell of a crossover.

Id take the alpine way before the audio control tho. But if your not running a compatiable alpine headunit, you will need to buy the controller for it. Even if you had a compatible alpine headunit, the control is still a nice add on and makes settings a ease.

Crutchfield is a bit higher on price for the audiocontrol, but they do provide one hell of a service and been around way longer then most internet retailers.

Cant go wrong with either unit IMO.

 

 

Posted

Thanks for the replies! By balanced I mean being able to hit every note, highs, lows, and everything in between. I'm looking more for SQ than all out loud. I'm probably going to buy the DQXS off of eBay because its cheaper and I want the pioneer double din. Subs are most likely going to be some SE 10's. The fronts are going to be RF 6.5" power components and the rear some RF power coax. Right now I gotta get some dough so I can start buying stuff.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1122 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...