Sundown Audio

So No Matter What If Ur Amp Is All The Way Up Ur Clipping?

GORILLAslap

i know what clipping is but i mean are u sayin that if u have ur amp all the way up no matter what ur shit will start clipping??

If you know what clipping is, you wouldnt have your amp all the way up..

Your "gain" knob is not a "volume" know and that is why it says "gain", not "volume".

Your "gain" know is to be set with the voltage of your pre amp outputs from your headunit to give the amp the correct input signal voltage.

Your amp that you are running all the way up over time will A) blow your amp, B) blow your sub(s), C) blow both.

If you know what clipping is, you wouldnt have your amp all the way up..

Your "gain" knob is not a "volume" know and that is why it says "gain", not "volume".

Your "gain" know is to be set with the voltage of your pre amp outputs from your headunit to give the amp the correct input signal voltage.

Your amp that you are running all the way up over time will A) blow your amp, B) blow your sub(s), C) blow both.

i dont have my amp all the way up i have it like a quater of the way but im just askin if u have ur.... "GAIN" KNOB U FUCKIN PRICK all the way up then its goin to clip???

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

i dont have my amp all the way up i have it like a quater of the way but im just askin if u have ur.... "GAIN" KNOB U FUCKIN PRICK all the way up then its goin to clip???

he is not a prick. we are just sick and tired of oyu asking question without reading anything. go to the12volt.com and read the entire site. and watch your mouth before you get the boot.

----reference's----

meade916

watch who you call pricks around here bro, you'll get a 1-way ticket to bans-ville.

there is no other way to tell your clipping unless its audible or unless you use an oscilloscope.

audiofanaticz is right, to prevent clipping you use a digital multimeter to tune your gain on the amp according to how much voltage your pre-outs on your headunit give out. theres a bunch of formulas you can find online for doing that.

but every amp is different and every headunit is different, allowing for infinite combinations. So we cant really tell you if having the gain knob all the way up will cause clipping. its not smart, and its not safe either if you do.

he is not a prick. we are just sick and tired of oyu asking question without reading anything. go to the12volt.com and read the entire site. and watch your mouth before you get the boot.

x2, that site is awesome. i go to it alot for questions i have.

How the fuck am I too know if you gain knob is all the way up or down, or around and up in your ass like some fat chicks ass plug...

How am I a prick? I stated the facts, if you cant handle that maybe you should go back to mommy and suck on her titties some more like a new born would do so..

if u have ur amp all the way up no matter what ur shit will start clipping??

You said if you have your amp all the way up no matter what your shit will start clipping??

Most of us will interperate that as your a fucking noob that has some pos sony amp and thinks he is louder then steve meade.

Sit the fuck down ass clown!

How the fuck am I too know if you gain knob is all the way up or down, or around and up in your ass like some fat chicks ass plug...

How am I a prick? I stated the facts, if you cant handle that maybe you should go back to mommy and suck on her titties some more like a new born would do so..

You said if you have your amp all the way up no matter what your shit will start clipping??

Most of us will interperate that as your a fucking noob that has some pos sony amp and thinks he is louder then steve meade.

Sit the fuck down ass clown!

OWNED

----reference's----

meade916

...be careful Gorrilaslap.... ur gonna get DAVID to gorilla slap a free vacation on ur back side..audiofanaticz was nice enough to answer ur over asked non researched question... there is ALOT of info in this forum just search for it on ur upper right of the screen...

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2