Burping My 15" Fi

the next summer i am planning on purchasing 2 sundown SAZ3000's and wire it up to a 2 ohm load. because i have a dual 1 ohm fully loaded BTL. i know i will need a nice electrical upgrade and probably 1 XS powermaster 3100 for each of the amps. is this a bad idea if i didnt buy the SPL version of the speaker. and the box i currently am making is 4 Cubes tuned to 49 Hz.

Edited by kkiiaann33

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

the next summer i am planning on purchasing 2 sundown SAZ3000's and wire it up to a 2 ohm load. because i have a dual 1 ohm fully loaded BTL. i know i will need a nice electrical upgrade and probably 1 XS powermaster 3100 for each of the amps. is this a bad idea if i didnt buy the SPL version of the speaker. and the box i currently am making is 4 Cubes tuned to 49 Hz.

Hrm 6k into a BTL is ok for burps. You'll want a small box to help control the excursion and keep the tones high (set your subsonic high) or you'll risk the sub failing mechanically.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

now do you mean a box around 3 Cubes @ 50 Hz, and also when you said "6k into a BTL is ok for burps" is it not enough power or is it to much for a BTL.

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

i beleive hes sayin yes to the smaller box and the 6k to the btl in a burb is ok because its only 6k for a few secs but it may also be a lot for it but i may be wrong

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

now do you mean a box around 3 Cubes @ 50 Hz, and also when you said "6k into a BTL is ok for burps" is it not enough power or is it to much for a BTL.

Yes, about that, but make sure you set the subsonic filter on your amp correctly.

6k into a BTL is pretty normal for burps. Some people blow them up off 2k, some people burp 20k into them... just be careful and you'll be fine.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I've seen them with a 7k on music- iirc the box was 4cuft and tuned for bass race. Ask Alpine, he knows whats up.

-Drew

i think alpine had 2 18s on 7kd in his red truck unless your talking about something else

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

i was under the impression he had a 7k per woofer- just like the ride with the AAs on a 7k per woofer.

i could be mistaken.

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

sweet. im going to start saving up my money now. hmmmm now i just need to startigurng out the box i wanna make.

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS