Got A Classic Oscope

Ah, nice, those pieces of equipment are kickass.

Strange enough though, you never see them actually in today's car audio too much. I think that personally if you had a LCD display incorporated somewhere in your system that showed your songs playing through an oscilliscope it would be KICKASS!

For example on Winamp media player, you can have an oscilliscope showing your song playing and it's just entertaining for me to watch it display my songs. I was looking for a while to find an LED display or something similar I could put in my truck that would make a display. Not necessarily for tuning purposes but more for just eye candy.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

no time for testing today...

and i have to admit there have been times i was wondering how to incorporate that massive box into the car somehow...

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Here's all I can really find to show kinda what I'm talking about.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

See like if you had a display somewhere in your system that showed that it would be fuckin awesome.

The thing is, I wouldn't suppose that you would HAVE to use a big massive CRT display. There's so many cool things I've seen people do with LED matrix's so why not an oscilliscope?

Here's a pretty cool VU meter display playing some music.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 2 weeks later...

so if meade or The loud one or someone with experience would like to chime in that would be great-

i set the amp just before clipping at 0db and 38 on the HU at 28v on the outputs

then went to the -10db (track 14) and set the outputs to 28v with 38 on the HU

but it clips on music at 30 on the HU not 38, did i do something wrong???

HU clips around 40

**i just re-read the link and noticed it says "disconnect speaker(s) from amp(s)" and i did my settings with the woofer playing, should i re-do all the tests with the woofer disconnected???

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

my rational for having the speaker hooked up is that the amp will react differently to different ohm loads- if its fine at 4ohms then play it at .5ohm it will distort much faster. :unsure:

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

1) then by ur rational u need to burb ur setup from 30-80hz.... find the lowest impedence rise... and set ur gain at that frequency since it will be seeing the most power at the lowest resistance....

ive set many amps with a dmm and thats it...

sometimes a little clipping indicator but i have always used 50hz at 0db...

if u are ballsy use a -3db 50hz tone and u should be fine......with no speakers connected

it be better to set up the amp this way... then find ur impedance rise... then reset gain if need be

2) what cd are u using and why are you using a track 14 with -10db.. and -10db of what..50hz?

3) why is it set at 28v... arent u powering the mx w/bxi1606d...

TeamSundown-sig.jpg