Sundown Audio

t30001 at .5 ohm?

joey2714

yea accord i figured that it would destroy the subs soon enough, but will that amp survive at .5 daily guys?

Personally I wouldn't do it...You see alot of guys/pro's that do it but that's because they know what they're doing...They got the electrical to back it up.

I'd do two T2000.1s

so whats your basis of calling his buddy an idiot

People think they can run every amp below the recommended ohm load because they see people like you and Steve doing it, people that know what they're doing. Then everybody thinks they can do it and later wonder why their amp(s) keep going into protect or shutting off on them.

You got to have a good electrical system to run @ T3000.1 @ .5ohm.

He seems to have a good electrical so it's pretty much a chance.

I personally wouldn't do it. If you have two 12" Solo X for daily driving I'd get two T2000.1

I personally burnt up a T30001BD running it @ .5 ohm.  I have a 250 amp alt, 2 yellow top batteries & 3 caps.  it was under warranty so i was able to get it fixed, but it was a pain in the ass.  I would never do it again!  You are asking for trouble.  When I got the repair ticket from Rockford, the tech said that the amp was running too hot & I should never be operated below 1 ohm.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I personally burnt up a T30001BD running it @ .5 ohm.  I have a 250 amp alt, 2 yellow top batteries & 3 caps.  it was under warranty so i was able to get it fixed, but it was a pain in the ass.  I would never do it again!  You are asking for trouble.  When I got the repair ticket from Rockford, the tech said that the amp was running too hot & I should never be operated below 1 ohm.

Your lucky that they even allowed you to keep your warranty knowing you ran it under 1ohm.

yeah, i know.  I didn't tell them that it was @ .5, they just added that in the repair ticket.  I have it @ 1 ohm now and it barely gets warm.  I would assume that they are simply not stable @ .5 ohm

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

you'd get more juice oyut if two RF T20001bd vs one T30001bd anyways ......... or you can do one T40001bd.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

you'd get more juice oyut if two RF T20001bd vs one T30001bd anyways ......... [glow=red,2,300]or you can do one T40001bd.[/glow]

No he can't...He would have to run it @ .5ohm unless he decides to run it @ 2ohm so that would be about 3,000rms for two subs that are rated at 2,500rms each.

Best choice would be two T2000.1

dont run your amps under their lowest stable ohm.

just get two of the t20001bd.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/