Second Skin Audio

OLD L7's vs. NEW L7's

why tune so low? it greatly reduces your music selection.

tune em to 32hz and they will BANG.

IMO you will never see 149.5 DB when tuned that low with 2 subz on 3kw in that BIG ass SUV.

i feel the same way, but whoknows maybe he has magically SPL dust that i dont know about.  we'll see

First of all...Hell no your not going to be near 149 tunned that low... You want to be up there I suggest tunning up to 37hz around there...35hz is what I would do with the L7s...that's what I tunned every setup I had with the L7s.

The difference with the new and older L7s is that the new ones come with a stronger cone and motor...They can take a longer beating than the older L7s.

I'd get the new ones.

the 2006 models are diffrent

They have a larger coil, and the cone is injection molded not pressed anymore

They are capable of handling the power alot better then the older models, the coil is now flat wound and does not warp as easy as the old coils

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

First of all...Hell no your not going to be near 149 tunned that low... You want to be up there I suggest tunning up to 37hz around there...35hz is what I would do with the L7s...that's what I tunned every setup I had with the L7s.

The difference with the new and older L7s is that the new ones come with a stronger cone and motor...They can take a longer beating than the older L7s.

I'd get the new ones.

Well to be truthful, the old 12cbft @ 28Hz landed a 150.2 just a few months ago with a 25 Hert tone, I was told the 2006 is a bit thougher, so I'm look for a 149-150 with the new setup, the enclosure is tuned & crossed at low so when the higher bass is played there's no nasty clean sound. The L7 15's in my Yukon peak at 25Hz, which is great for me. It's already been tested A+. When I buy the next two L7's no I'm not going to tuned it that low probably range from 28-30. But guys thinks for answer my question. Just hope they sounds good like the old ones.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609