Second Skin Audio

12 12"s - Help With Layout In An Astro

This should be easy.... like slap in a wall and throw the 12s in there. But- I want the wall to be right behind the "middle" row. I want to keep this thing as a driver that just happens to have 12 12" subs in it. If I put the wall back there, I will have 24-26 cubes to work with. The problem is that I have about 49" wide by 42" tall by 30" deep. That isn't enough to do 4 subs across, 3 rows high.... I wanted to go with a big ported wall.

I could make two tunnels (2 tunnels with 3 sides, 2 subs deep), or I could angle the face of the wall or maybe even do an enclosure similar to the one Steve put in the Hoopty. I just don't think I can fit all 12 12"s on a flat wall- I spent some time with AutoCAD trying to make it work- but to no avail. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to fire them out.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

doa triangle with 6 on each side

:blink:

j/k :)

If I do that I will have do have 2 tunnels. I only have 30" of depth to work with. That sounds like more of a plan to me. I could just keep the 8 I have, redo the box and keep the other 4 for spares considering how I will be pushing them when I get another amp. 12 does funny things to the impedance load. Either I have to get 2 more amps or run the amp at less than optimal impedance load....

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived