Second Skin Audio

12's sound compared to 15'2

candyman206

Well alright I usually beat 12's. But, then I decided to run 15's. The boxes I use for the 12's are tuned around 35 but then I always hear about people loving to tune 15's low around 30 or lower. What I'm wondering is how come 15's don't sound as loud as my 12's. Is it because I tune the 15's lower? Or do my ears think high tuned boxes are louder? I ran 2 cheap Pioneer 12's off of 1000 watts and switch to one Rockford 15 tuned the same and it's not as loud. Built a few different boxes to make the 15 louder but didn't work. You think if I tuned to 40 or it would sound louder to me?

Well alright I usually beat 12's. But, then I decided to run 15's. The boxes I use for the 12's are tuned around 35 but then I always hear about people loving to tune 15's low around 30 or lower. What I'm wondering is how come 15's don't sound as loud as my 12's. Is it because I tune the 15's lower? Or do my ears think high tuned boxes are louder? I ran 2 cheap Pioneer 12's off of 1000 watts and switch to one Rockford 15 tuned the same and it's not as loud. Built a few different boxes to make the 15 louder but didn't work. You think if I tuned to 40 or it would sound louder to me?

lower tune usually means lower SPL  its not just you its the way it works for all size subs

Archived