Sonic Electronix

I've heard about this before but i can't remember....why doe sthe bass seem/sound louder when you have the windows down compared to a sealed car?

If i was to have 2 Alpine Type-R's at 550ish RMS a piece would that be louder and shake my head more than my single R at 1100RMS? (only on -7 bass)

if i was to ground my 2 amps to the battery in the boot would that be better than to the chassis in the boot? (battery has 2 runs front to rear btw)

Thanks

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it does sound louder most of the time.... Think about it this way...If you stick your ear in the port of a box it gets pretty loud, right? Well think of the window being another port for air pressure to escape out of the car....

And nothing beats a ground at the FRAME, not the chasis. hope this helps.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

IMO there are alot of variables when it comes to window down/up. I mean some can be louder up, vice-versa...

The 2 Type-R's should be louder than a single 'R' if they are both in ported boxes and such. I believe there are to many variables for it though. I've seen single woofers get louder then multiple woofers. Not talking about burping/SPL either.

Derp.

Archived