Alternator

Hey guys, I am new to the audio world.....

I currently own a 1989 Dodge Ramcharger......

I am looking to get a new radio, (2) 12" subs, and 2 or 4 new speakers for the front. I am looking to get a P500 or P1000 from Fosgate but not totally sure yet.....since I am a noob at this stuff, lol. Anyways the alternator is stock on the truck......what would you guys suggest to put on it as an upgrade? Also would 1 battery be sufficient? I'm not running any extra lights than what came from factory. I am also on a limited budget.....

Thanks,

Savage

Not sure yet.....

I have a friend that has (2) Ws1's and another friend with (2) alpine's.....he is supposed to find out what model they are today. The WS1's are $150 for both and alpine's are $100 for both....I know the alpine's were hooked up to a 1200W alpine amp also. If I don't get either or those then I will probably get a set of P2 Fosgate's

You should be fine if you get some more voltage FTW and add a battery. This might be your cheaper route till you get the funds for an alt if needed!!! If you ever upgrade to an H/O you would be set up for its full potiential allready with a module , all alternators need voltage to perform at their best. Hope this forum can get you on the right track, its hard but just ask alot of questions we got your back here at SMD!!!

These guys are down to earth ask for Robbie. www.dcpowerinc.com

Thanks,

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Not sure yet.....

I have a friend that has (2) Ws1's and another friend with (2) alpine's.....he is supposed to find out what model they are today. The WS1's are $150 for both and alpine's are $100 for both....I know the alpine's were hooked up to a 1200W alpine amp also. If I don't get either or those then I will probably get a set of P2 Fosgate's

Look into some FI ssd's or Ascendant Audio chaos subs. They are very reasonable and have massive bass in sealed or ported systems.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Look into some FI ssd's or Ascendant Audio chaos subs. They are very reasonable and have massive bass in sealed or ported systems.

MLA

Thanks for the responses guys. I am getting a new H/O alternator for the truck.....I have heard the stock ones are weak, I wound up testing a friends amp on mine to see and I did get the usual dim lights and it all acting up so a bigger one is in order. Like I said I am still undecided on the subs yet.....

Open for all suggestions and listening!

Thanks

Savage

i have a BTL from Fi. but my friend has a Fi Q 15" and it sounds real nice in a sealed box.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

Archived