2005 Impala

how big of an alternator should i get . have about 4000-5000 watts. how much do u guys think it would cost. 4.6l v6

ill say a 300 amp alt...and about the money im not sure

300 amp alt ain't bad but you wont have much idle juice. i'd do a 220-250 and a few good batteries

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Stick to the AD type alts unless you like Dash lights and codes. Steve had dash light issues for 4 years which went away with more voltage to boot from a module. We help your car safely accept HO alts and perform at higher voltages without all the charging light issues, (which drives me crazy having a little pain in the ass dash light shining up at me at night while cruzin). New HO alt or not your voltage is set by your cars computer which is what we take control of. Voltage is a big issue and more of it will boost stock and/or HO alts performance!!!

Your car came stock with the AD230 105amp alt.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

i say you should get an HO alternator and an MLA module. no such thing as too much voltage.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived