Eclipse Cd3200 Vs. Pioneer Avh-p4000dvd

BJD3

I know they aren't even in the same class of head unit, but I want a sounding board. I'm kinda torn over whether I want the 6 channel preouts, or if I want the screen, and losing a couple channels. I also like the fact that the 3200 has bluetooth, but :shrug: I wanted a touchscreen because I plan on using mostly Mp3 CDs, and I would think it would it be easier to navigate a hierarchy with a touchscreen, and I would think with the larger screen, I could see more of a song name with less scrolling. The fact that it can play movies is a bonus as well, though it is something I would quickly give up if necessary as I don't see myself using it all that often.

So if you were in my position, which one would you get and why?

Also the price discrepancy isn't as big as it appears to be. I'd be giving up the warranty on the 4000, but worst case scenario, if the HU goes, I'll just resort back to one that's significantly cheaper. The difference will actually be appox. $100.

If there is another HU that you would like to suggest that is < $400, I'm all ears. The only things that are musts is the ability to play Mp3 CDs which is something that virtually all HUs do now (playing WMAs is a bonus as well, but again, not one that is absolutely necessary), and the ability to turn off the sub. I do drive my car to school, and they aren't fond of heavy bass.

I tried to cover all my bases, but if there is any info that I failed to post, please ask, and I will do my best to answer.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I haz too lurn two spel.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Actually if you have ever heard a cd3200 or the cd7200mkII ($500 copper chassis SQ unit) you'll understand.....the quality of sound is outstanding....I would easily give up touchscreen for the eclipse. Also when I got to take a look at them the guy actually took a cd that was in his truck that he had dopped after going 4 wheeling it was under his muddy boat and scratched bad... like 80grit sandpaper bad and it read it and never skipped.....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Actually if you have ever heard a cd3200 or the cd7200mkII ($500 copper chassis SQ unit) you'll understand.....the quality of sound is outstanding....I would easily give up touchscreen for the eclipse. Also when I got to take a look at them the guy actually took a cd that was in his truck that he had dopped after going 4 wheeling it was under his muddy boat and scratched bad... like 80grit sandpaper bad and it read it and never skipped.....

I hadn't heard either one of them, but pretty much figured that. I think I'll be happy with either one I get when I get it, I just have to actually get it so I'll stop over analyzing things. lol Another thing that is pushing me towards a touchscreen and away from a "conventional" HU is the ease of navigation (menu navigation not GPS).

How is the menu system on the Eclipse? Do you have to dig through various menus to find a commonly used function, or is everything well placed?

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I hadn't heard either one of them, but pretty much figured that. I think I'll be happy with either one I get when I get it, I just have to actually get it so I'll stop over analyzing things. lol Another thing that is pushing me towards a touchscreen and away from a "conventional" HU is the ease of navigation (menu navigation not GPS).

How is the menu system on the Eclipse? Do you have to dig through various menus to find a commonly used function, or is everything well placed?

They seem well placed and no "cheap plastic" button feel....also if you fork up another $50 you can get the cd7200mkII and it has it so you can hook it up to you computer set time delays on speakers and all kinds of functions...its like a 360.2 in a headunit! Only down side to some is it has no internal amp...only 8v preouts to cut down on distortion.....that thing adds a whole other depth of sound!

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

They seem well placed and no "cheap plastic" button feel....also if you fork up another $50 you can get the cd7200mkII and it has it so you can hook it up to you computer set time delays on speakers and all kinds of functions...its like a 360.2 in a headunit! Only down side to some is it has no internal amp...only 8v preouts to cut down on distortion.....that thing adds a whole other depth of sound!

EDIT: never mind I found the information I was looking for I think.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Archived