Sonic Electronix

dude, i can't say that 145 is for sure gonna happen, but I only have 2 15's in sealed enclosures in the trunk of a sunfire and i do 145's. so, it is very possible, depends what you want the system for, if your gonna tune the vent to a really low frequency, you might not get there, but there is no telling with no details like your electrical, and a for sure enclosure and all. very possible though. I know of a suv that does 148 on music with 2 15's and he kept his back seat.

its not going to be a comp car just something to piss old people off at red lights..lol for electrical gona do a few extra batteries and an alt, 10 cube ported box tuned to 40-45 not sure about that yet that’s something i was hoping to get some advise on from one of the great minds on the site

i still have my back seats. but i took out my 3rd row seating (Durangho) i know you jeep doesnt have that so dont gotta worry about it. but if theres something i can help with ill let you know as far as my knowledge allows. (dont ask for design as in how to tune and such...i dont know how to design boxes i just build with plans other people have made for me haha)

cant ask for much more than that

The only way you are gonna fit 4 15's in the back of a cherokee is if you take the box all the way to the top of the ceiling and make it a little more than a foot deep, that will give you ~10 cubic feet. The jeep measures: from spare tire to the wheel well it measures 3.25', from floor to ceiling it measures 3', and from the top of the back seat to the tailgate you have 2 feet to play with. If you build the box right and you dont tune it too low then you could hit 145's with 4 15's at 250rms each, if your jeep came with the 136 amp alternator then you wont need a bigger one.

make the box 39" wide, 36" high, 15" deep with 3/4 mdf and you will net 10.10 cubic feet of space, then that will give you about 9" of space behind the box for your batteries, amp, and whatever else you wanna put there.

and yes i also have a cherokee

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

The only way you are gonna fit 4 15's in the back of a cherokee is if you take the box all the way to the top of the ceiling and make it a little more than a foot deep, that will give you ~10 cubic feet. The jeep measures: from spare tire to the wheel well it measures 3.25', from floor to ceiling it measures 3', and from the top of the back seat to the tailgate you have 2 feet to play with. If you build the box right and you dont tune it too low then you could hit 145's with 4 15's at 250rms each, if your jeep came with the 136 amp alternator then you wont need a bigger one.

make the box 39" wide, 36" high, 15" deep with 3/4 mdf and you will net 10.10 cubic feet of space, then that will give you about 9" of space behind the box for your batteries, amp, and whatever else you wanna put there.

haha i was saying the same thing, noooooo fucking way is 10ft^3 fitting in the back

and your dimensions are for sealed, port takes up quite a bit, so keep that in consideration...

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

in my cavy i have a little less then 16cu^ft tuned to 32-33hz. with only 3 subs and a cadence and sony amp i hit a 143.3db. im not sure what im hitting now with all four of my subs and a 3k watt kicker amp. im alot louder, i know for a fact i can do a 145 easy on even on music. its all on the install, im guessing your going to wall it off if u want to keep the back seat right?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

gona take the spare and how do i tell if it came with the 136 amp alt

bradon freeland from freeland customs had 2 DD 12's in a well designed box with only about 1300 watts per sub and it did a 145.

google it, just put in all your specs. if all else fails im sure mechman can help you and also give you prices on a possible HO alt. good luck man, everyone here is really helpful and will help with box design.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

You should look into other subs if you haven't already bought the mtx's. DD, Fi, and RE make great subs. A friend of mine is doing 150's with only one 15" dd. Just something to think about.

i am going to stick with mtx because i can get a good deal with a sponsorship package with the local stereo shop ...i would love fi or dd but the $$$ is what gets me lol down the road i will do somethng super nasty with fi or dd