I know the viper is much better lol, I just need some advice... I have ALOT, for my age, invested in my car. I would like to get me a Viper 5701 which is basically just a alarm with remote start, with no fancy screen or anything. Its kind of a new model. I am trying to get it soon

I am wondering how the stock alarm is compared to this alarm... I mean just how safe am I? My thoughts are not very safe at all but yea thought I'd ask.

Also, is it worth paying $450-$600 on an alarm or what?

mixed feelings here... any advice is helpful and appreciated.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

I'd think so but i'd get one with the screen that can reach far that way you know whats goin on with your car.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I'd think so but i'd get one with the screen that can reach far that way you know whats goin on with your car.

True, this one will also tell me if someone has broken in via remote and has silentmode 2 which is a pretty cool sounding feature... it has a 2000ft range (the 5900 has alot of reviews saying that it will not work from 1 mile away like it states) which is more than enough for daily use for me... i have been reading reviews and some people say the buttons are way way way too touchy and you will accidently hit them if you carry your keys in your pocket and stuff...

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Id guess it depends on what kinda vehicle you have the stock alarm on?

Does the stock alarm sound if you wack it hard?

Does the stock alarm have dome light supervision? Meaning your stock alarm will panic when your door handles are lifted up but the door does not get opened.

Does your stock alarm have any sort of fuel cut-off, or starter disable function to stop your car from being hot wired?

Does your stock alarm/vehicle have remote start?

Does your stock alarm open your gas door/trunk/sliding door?

Can you add additional sensors to your stock alarm such as glass breakage sensor, motion sensor, tilt sensor etc.

Id say go with a viper, most stock alarms just lock/unlock the doors, honk the horn and flash the lights if the car door is opened while armed.

Id guess it depends on what kinda vehicle you have the stock alarm on?

Does the stock alarm sound if you wack it hard?

Does the stock alarm have dome light supervision? Meaning your stock alarm will panic when your door handles are lifted up but the door does not get opened.

Does your stock alarm have any sort of fuel cut-off, or starter disable function to stop your car from being hot wired?

Does your stock alarm/vehicle have remote start?

Does your stock alarm open your gas door/trunk/sliding door?

Can you add additional sensors to your stock alarm such as glass breakage sensor, motion sensor, tilt sensor etc.

Id say go with a viper, most stock alarms just lock/unlock the doors, honk the horn and flash the lights if the car door is opened while armed.

...Yea... mine has none of those

I will be getting one by christmas or early january. So its between the 5701 or the 5900... both seem to be same price for me installed so which would be the smarter buy?

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

I guess Id go with which one offers the features that you need.

I know the newer unit only has 4 channels, while the older unit with the lcd remote offers 6 channels.

I also think that one of the alarms does not have the ability to open your trunk and gas door if they have electric releases.

So just go thru and check the specs for each alarm, and figure out what you need.

The limited channels does sort of suck in a way if you ever wanted to up your alarm with more senors, or if you got the window modules to roll up and down your windows from the alarms remote control.

Theres a lot of cool add on toys :)

I guess Id go with which one offers the features that you need.

I know the newer unit only has 4 channels, while the older unit with the lcd remote offers 6 channels.

I also think that one of the alarms does not have the ability to open your trunk and gas door if they have electric releases.

So just go thru and check the specs for each alarm, and figure out what you need.

The limited channels does sort of suck in a way if you ever wanted to up your alarm with more senors, or if you got the window modules to roll up and down your windows from the alarms remote control.

Theres a lot of cool add on toys :)

Thanks, I am hoping to get the 5900 since it would be the same price as the 5701 and seems to be a bit better anyways. I like the screen and i guess its a good idea to have it and i might aswell for the price. $550 installed is a decent deal too so yea. I will have it by January for sure!

Thanks for all the help Bangin Caddy.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!