Sonic Electronix

I have been reading and reading many threads on this and other audio sites. But I'm confused when people describe their setups and mention multiple runs of O gauge. I have always ran from the battery to a distrabution block to the amps. Can someone shed some light on this for me.

Basically they mean instead of running just one wire from battery to back, they run MULTIPLE. Once you get to high power applications, it's a neccessity to have tons of 1/0 wire or bigger.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Basically they mean instead of running just one wire from battery to back, they run MULTIPLE. Once you get to high power applications, it's a neccessity to have tons of 1/0 wire or bigger.

yes absolutely, 1 run of 0 awg is really only good for 3k rms. ppl with muti amps and need to feed each amp individually or 2 inputs on a amp. muti runs will let more power flow, same as the multi grounds will find the path of least resistances also.

ok, say i have 2 1/0 runs for +. I was talking to Randy and he said i should pry do a run to chassis ground and then bring it up with the big three. and then a full run for 2 - runs. well. would having 2 chassis grounds a one - run to bat be benifitial?

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

ok, say i have 2 1/0 runs for +. I was talking to Randy and he said i should pry do a run to chassis ground and then bring it up with the big three. and then a full run for 2 - runs. well. would having 2 chassis grounds a one - run to bat be benifitial?

Bills

yeah that would be a good idea. when i had my blazer i did that i gronded in the real and up front with the big 3. i only had the rear ground for a whileand finally did a 2 ground run and found that my batts charged .4v higher was charging 14.3v went to 14.6v steady. i did a resistance check with clamp meter and it was showed a pretty big difference. the less resistance the better of course so muti grounds are gonna help