Sundown Audio

Linking Amps Together

donsie

Is it possible to connect the line out of one amp to the input on another amp to combine their power? I have an Audiobahn a8000t and want to get another one. I'm trying to avoid having to wire up the second amp from the battery because it's such a pain in the ass to get to the battery of my car (96 Monte Carlo, terminals are hidden under the airfilter). I doubt it's possible, I have a feeling I would blow something in the process, but figured I'd ask the experts.

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

Im not quite sure what you are asking.... If you are just questioning getting the power ground etc to the amp... all you need is a distribution block as long as the wire you have going to the front is big enough. For the remote you would probably be safest getting a small relay as two amps can potentially blow a head unit if you just branch it. how many subs are you running?

Im not quite sure what you are asking.... If you are just questioning getting the power ground etc to the amp... all you need is a distribution block as long as the wire you have going to the front is big enough. For the remote you would probably be safest getting a small relay as two amps can potentially blow a head unit if you just branch it. how many subs are you running?

I'm running 2 subs, and I want 800 watts to be able to go to both. I'm just going get the distribution block though and run some more wire because I realized that linking them together wouldn't work. I have 4ga going to the amp right now, so I'm pretty sure I'd need a small amount of 0/1 going from the battery to the block, and then can split that into 2 runs of 4ga to each amp.

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

I think he trying to power each sub with single mono amp, right? You can jump one remote wire to another amp because i had seen and be told you can do that too. Or you can get relay to connect even multiple amp. Yes i believe you suppose to connect the input to the line output on the amp. For the power wire you run a distributor to splits the both 4 gauge wire and ground the both wire differently on the chassis. I have never seen a multiple 1/0 gauge distributor block. Remember than running multiple amp would consume more power so i did recommend upgrading electrical. Make sure both gain are set correctly.

Archived